2004 - 2008 F-150

Goodbye Ranger, hello F150

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gixxerjasen
Psssst, it's not the 5.4

Hell yea they are gonna know I'm coming. Just added my yellow NESBA stickers I ordered.

By the way, checked out your site, I love the Arcey vid. Nothing like a liter V-Twin sportbike being run well. I used to have a TLR and loved that motor on the street. A bit heavy for the track though.

wht do u think about the 08 ZX10 if you heard about it.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:40 AM
It all depends. Pretty much, there isn't a bad bike out there these days. The ZX-10 is damn powerful though...way more bike than I need. I'd not recommend it to a new rider, but it's a damn nice bike.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:17 AM
It all depends. Pretty much, there isn't a bad bike out there these days. The ZX-10 is damn powerful though...way more bike than I need. I'd not recommend it to a new rider, but it's a damn nice bike.
Your right about that. Im not sure of your location but I know that here in NYC we will have the International Motorcycle show coming Dec 28th. I go every year, have you ever been and will you go this year. The reason I asked you about the ZX10 is b/c its changing this year. We (kawasaki guys) are hoping that we have an answer for the GSXR (Maldin and Spies). Is that Honda you got?

Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 AM
I sure ain't riding a Honda with a name like GixxerJasen! It's a 2004 GSX-R600

As for an answer to Mladin and Spies...the manufacturers have been looking for answers to those guys for quite some time now, haven't they? Seriously, I'd love to see someone give them a run for their money, but I'm just happy to see someone pushing Matt nowadays. At least there's some competition out there even if it's from the same team. I believe it's more rider and support at the moment. The other manufacturers don't seem to be having any problems giving the Gixxer's a run for their money in WSB. I honestly wish Honda would give Duhamel something competitive because I think he'd have the best shot out there.

And with everybody upping the ante every two years, I've kind of lost too much interest in keeping up with it. I'll be at the cycleshow this year as I do every year. I go, drool then come home. I'm actually thinking of going with a Triumph S3 here soon or a motard...probably SM610. Or both.

I haven't read too much about the new ZX10 though. It's definately got the HP to compete with the gixxer. I think they just need to rework the chassis and power control. Honestly Kawasaki shot themselves in the foot though. Eric Bostrom was out there giving Mladin a run for his money in the 750's. He had his old *** 7R out there giving a romping to the phenominal GSX-R750 after it's rework and weight loss. When the AMA went with the 1K's and Kawasaki stepped out of the superbike scene it felt like a huge slap to Eric. If only they'd kept working with him, stayed in it and continued racing development on the bike, I bet there'd be at least three folks competing for the title each year. Instead they put themselves behind the ball and let their star go. Damn, watching those races back then I kept saying prayers for Eric that they'd give him a bike he deserved.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Dang...I'm pretty stupid when it comes to vehicles with more than four wheels, but get me talking bikes and it's obvious I can ramble on all day!

Latest shot of my bike -> http://www.leanangle.com/pictures/tlplanet/gixxer.jpg
Trackday pictures here -> http://www.leanangle.com/Pictures/Tr...6/Default.aspx
Pictures I took of the real guys racing at Mid Ohio -> http://www.leanangle.com/jalbum/2007...hio/index.html

Old 11-26-2007, 01:01 PM
I dont know why I said Honda when your name clearly states gixxer, lol. For some reason the pic of your bike and truck, the bike looks a little like a Honda from the side. If you get a chance pick up the new Cycle World (Dec Issue) theirs suppose to be a nice write up on the 08 ZX10. Im looking to upgrade this year and maybe this will be the bike. Im not to cool with the looks but like the 09 F-150 I have to really see it in person. I like you bike. I now know why I thought it was a Honda without looking at your name. The black lines you have on the side remind me of a honda. Here is a pic of my baby

Old 11-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Nice bike, I love that color of blue. Kawi does it right by giving you more than just two colors to choose from. I wish the other manufactureres would do the same. Those wheels and the exhaust definately look sweet on that bike, very well done.

Honda likes to do the wing on the side of their bikes. -> http://www.cyclestomp.com/files/imag...4i.preview.jpg

Suzuki does stripes. Mine's an 04 so when I painted my bike I semi-copied the stock paint scheme. - > http://www.ruhrpott-gixxer.de/pics/6...4_GSX-R600.jpg

My sig doesn't show the side very well so I can see where you might have seen the wing.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:14 PM
Psssst, it's not the 5.4

Hell yea they are gonna know I'm coming. Just added my yellow NESBA stickers I ordered.

By the way, checked out your site, I love the Arcey vid. Nothing like a liter V-Twin sportbike being run well. I used to have a TLR and loved that motor on the street. A bit heavy for the track though.
My bad, ya all know I be senile!!! (big grin) !!

STX, Still a winner.

Quick story on how I got on to the F150. My x girlfriend, rides track too. When we were together used her truck, my trailer. She has a 05 STX. So, when we split, the only truck I know is a Ford, so I went with the F150. She still rides the track, and pushes that badass F150 STX.. BTW, she dumped me for somebody younger and faster!!

I can't win them all..

On my RC51, man that was the chit..Sex on wheels. I totaled that baby on turn 10 at Summit Point Main. I was getting faster in the novice group and still pushing Pilot Powers tires.. Now, I am a tire ****, I tell everybody, if you just become a little fast even as a novice, time for race tires/warmers!!

Man, I love this chit, truck and racebike gonna make me have a pleasure attack!! (big grin)

Old 11-26-2007, 02:16 PM
love them Pilot Powers

Old 11-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Yea, I was running a Pilot race front and a pilot road rear on the track. This was recommended to me by a friend who works for a trackday organization in Cali. He said that's what they run on the instructor bikes as it gives good grip, with long rear tire life. Worked pretty well for me. I however spooned on some barely used race takeoffs for my two days I did at Mid Ohio and man they were great. Gotta get me some warmers now. Of course, with me moving back to Tx next year, you barely need warmers there in the summer. Just park in the sun and let em bake!

Old 11-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Yea, I was running a Pilot race front and a pilot road rear on the track. This was recommended to me by a friend who works for a trackday organization in Cali. He said that's what they run on the instructor bikes as it gives good grip, with long rear tire life. Worked pretty well for me. I however spooned on some barely used race takeoffs for my two days I did at Mid Ohio and man they were great. Gotta get me some warmers now. Of course, with me moving back to Tx next year, you barely need warmers there in the summer. Just park in the sun and let em bake!
That sounds like a good combo. IMO, race takeoffs would be better. Without warmers, run a couple laps before you start blasting. I run Pirelli SuperCorsa Pros, super soft front, and soft rear. My last couple races I have been running soft front and soft rear. The main point is this, when your speed just gets a tad fast, IMO, time for race tires. One thing for sure, I will never UNDER TIRE a bike again!! LOL.

Old 11-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by pmason718
I dont know why I said Honda when your name clearly states gixxer, lol. For some reason the pic of your bike and truck, the bike looks a little like a Honda from the side. If you get a chance pick up the new Cycle World (Dec Issue) theirs suppose to be a nice write up on the 08 ZX10. Im looking to upgrade this year and maybe this will be the bike. Im not to cool with the looks but like the 09 F-150 I have to really see it in person. I like you bike. I now know why I thought it was a Honda without looking at your name. The black lines you have on the side remind me of a honda. Here is a pic of my baby

Cool bike, and she looks dam fast!!

Quick Reply: Goodbye Ranger, hello F150