2004 - 2008 F-150

need help fast!! please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007 | 12:46 PM
|
need help fast!! please help!!

im adjusting the bilstiens and im all done the only problem is that im trying to tighten the upper control arm ball joint and it seems to move with the bolt. it did this on the other side but only for a little bit. what can i do to tighten it up easier?? need help asap. i go in to work at 2 and i still need to take it to get aligned.

Old 11-20-2007 | 02:41 PM
|
ok i did it. after 2 days of taking everthing apart i really learned alot about my truck. i could of finished both in about 3hours but u know how it is taking long brakes and naps haha it was my day off yesturday so i was taking my time. i dont think i need an alignment but do any of u think i should still get one? i took my truck around the block and to tell u the truth i didnt notice any diffrence in ride. if any of u ever need help on changing shocks or adding the bilstien 5100's with the procomp spacer let me know and ill be glad to help. well 2morrow ill get started in the add a leafs since its probly way easier then the shocks. looks like i have a total of 11.5' lift and now my head almost clears under the side mirrors.

Old 11-20-2007 | 04:09 PM
ball joints require 2 wrenchs, the one that tightens the nut, and one to hold the "rod", yours prolly looked all beat up and rusted, you prolly couldnt tell that its actually something a small box/open end wrench to hold... btw if you just turned the nut and allowed the bottom one to spin,i would go back with 2 wrenchs and retighten that stuff,

Old 11-20-2007 | 11:02 PM
I hear ya. On Sunday I replaced my passenger front shock and it was a total bitch. I can't believe how much work it was to get the coil spring compressed just enough and the compressors positioned just right to get everything to fit back together. I will NEVER change out my shocks again without some help. Actually my time is worth more than the amount of time and energy it took to do this. UNBELIEVABLE how frustrated I was. I put in my spacer myself too and I don't remember it being near this tough. FYI the AAL is not very difficult, as long as you drop the axle and do both at the same time and not one at a time. I tried to be too delicate at first. Good luck!

Quick Reply: need help fast!! please help!!