2004 - 2008 F-150

Adding Homlink to sunvisor

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 03:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
homelink

I just installed the visor. ordered it from ford i had the parts guy look one with homelink and gave him the right trim code . direct replacment and all that is needed for them to work is constant power and ground.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Limited
Any pictures of this, I to have the sunroof and do not have the overhead console to mount to.
I would get you a photo but the wife has the camera and still at her folks for the holidays. If she gets back tonight I'll try to get a few.

I just removed the dome light and mounted it thru the headliner just ahead of the light. I had to take a rasp and file down some of the thickness but it works great and looks OEM.

Old 11-28-2007, 08:52 AM
Originally Posted by Dog'em
I would get you a photo but the wife has the camera and still at her folks for the holidays. If she gets back tonight I'll try to get a few.

I just removed the dome light and mounted it thru the headliner just ahead of the light. I had to take a rasp and file down some of the thickness but it works great and looks OEM.
Any luck getting pictures? Did you just remove the light assembly and work through the hole or did you have to take down a portion of the headliner?

Old 11-28-2007, 08:59 PM
Does the button faceplate separate from the main body???

How did you all install?? Cut a hole and slide it in, or pull apart and snap back together once it's installed??

Thanks

Old 11-28-2007, 09:41 PM
Originally Posted by StickyF150
Does the button faceplate separate from the main body???

How did you all install?? Cut a hole and slide it in, or pull apart and snap back together once it's installed??

Thanks
The button faceplate does come off yes. Once you do that I made a small template out of paper to cut through the plastic of the overhead console. I used a drill and a dremel and it worked pretty good. However once the hole was done I discovered that the catches on the faceplate couldn't snap into the homelink module because the console plastic was too thick. To solve this, I used the dremel to thin out the plastic on the back of the console, only around where the homelink would be resting. It took a few tries to get it right, but I was finally able to click the faceplate in.

Does this help?

-Shannon

Old 11-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by 6868vfco
I just installed the visor. ordered it from ford i had the parts guy look one with homelink and gave him the right trim code . direct replacment and all that is needed for them to work is constant power and ground.

What did that set you back ~250

Old 11-29-2007, 12:48 AM
Yeah that helps... Thanks!

Old 11-29-2007, 12:13 PM
i have one already out of the visor i think only two buttons work?

Old 11-29-2007, 02:27 PM
limited
you can just splice from the vanity wire ( use scotchlocks, or solder if you really want to)

Ramb

Old 11-29-2007, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by rambunctious
limited
you can just splice from the vanity wire ( use scotchlocks, or solder if you really want to)

Ramb
Thanks, that is what I was going to do but knowing that these trucks are made on an assembly line I figured they made one wiring harness and then optioned it later so that the plug might just be tucked in there and sitting ready to be used. I can feel the cutout under the fabric where the module would be placed, so it was just a logical guess that the harness would be there two.

Quick Reply: Adding Homlink to sunvisor