2004 - 2008 F-150

Quick question on my "new to me" '06

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick question on my "new to me" '06

I picked up a 2006 with 10k miles on it the week before Thanksgiving. It's an XLT loaded with power everything but does not have the captains chairs, it's a 40/20/40 bench so my center console is the flip up/down armrest.

Just poking around I saw that it looked like my cup holders (front and back) were supposed to have rubber inserts to stop stuff from rattling, so it was off to eBay. I found a set listed for an '06 and won them but they are way too big for my front and a little to big to fit in my rear's. I'm guessing they could be for the '06 with captains chairs and a regular center console.

Was my truck orginally shipped with rubber inserts that were removed by the PO? Before I order something else I just want to make sure it's not a fruitless effort.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The front cupholders in the flip down seat/armrest didnt come with rubber inserts...as far as the back I couldnt tell you though.

Old 11-28-2007, 02:44 PM
fronts dont come with them, neither do the rears... i wish they did, i have a bad habit of taking turns a little quick and if the cup doesnt fit perfectly, it tends to end up on my lap.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks to both of you for the info.

Do you know if anyone has tried to do a mod on them? I'm thinking about adding a coat of black plasti-dip just for kicks to see if it helps.

Old 11-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got mine new to me as well. I was looking at XLTs with the 40/20/40 new in the dealers as well when I found mine. There are no rubber inserts in the cup holders. You CAN trim the ones you bought to fit, and use a skim coat of clear silicone to hold them down. But I wouldn't. My Ranger had that rubber stuff and it was a pain to keep clean.

Old 11-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by seidita84t
fronts dont come with them, neither do the rears... i wish they did, i have a bad habit of taking turns a little quick and if the cup doesnt fit perfectly, it tends to end up on my lap.
Man i can't even tell you how many times this has happened to me!
I try to just use the ones down by my transfercase shifter now...

Old 11-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by seidita84t
i wish they did, i have a bad habit of taking turns a little quick and if the cup doesnt fit perfectly, it tends to end up on my lap.
That's why I don't even use the cup holders unless I have something with a cap on it. My cup-holders usually hold my cell-phone, HU remote, change, and other useless items...

Quick Reply: Quick question on my "new to me" '06