2004 - 2008 F-150

Falling in love with my first Ford' do you remember your first ford

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007 | 10:23 AM
|
Falling in love with my first Ford' do you remember your first ford

well it was 1992 when i purchased my grandfathers 1987 ford ltd crown victoria station wagon police package w/302 v-8 auto 4speed positrac rear, w/114000 miles i then drove that car to 201000 miles on it without ever opening the hood i only opened the hood then couse the starter went out it i then drove another 25000 w/out openeing the hood. only opened the hood then couse the serpentine belt broke, and belt tensioner went out in it.. by this point i had been through 3 sets of brakes. three sets of tires, finally almost a yr later i gave the car to what wound up to be my wife for her to drive for work purposes, finallt at 247112 she got up one day to drive it to work didnt let the car warm up and started it -through it in gear and took off only to get three miles from the house and call me to tell me the car had broke, i get there to find out the car threw a freeze due to engine being frozen from not having the antifreeze up to par. well you know the rest of the story. my point being when you buy a car for 400.00$ put three sets of tires, three sets of brakes, a starter, and serpentine belt and belt tentioner on a car so the way i can do the math is this
$400 for the car
$650 for three sets of tires
$85 for starter
$110 for serpentine belt and tensioner, and fluids
____= $1245.00 over 11.5 yrs thats $108 dollars per yr or $9.00 per mnth can you imagine?
$9.00 per mnth in car payments couse thats the way i looked at it, i was spending more to get it warshed multiple times a week then what it actually costed. when i sold the car needing an engine it was still 100% totally original, unaltered in anyway, not even the first dent or scratch(beyond what was on it when i got it),not even a rust spot on this car, all glass original, interior immaculant.. not even a cigarette burn,headliner not even falling down. im sure no one even cares about the story of my first but i thought it would be a nice conversation starter since it is winter and too cold to be out doing anything else. Welp since i dont know how to put pictures up on the post yet, you can now look at the Crown Vic. in my gallery at https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=15267

Last edited by mrshadetree0222; 12-08-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-08-2007 | 11:05 AM
Re: Falling in love with my first Ford' do you remember your first ford

Barely,but I am getting pretty old.

Old 12-08-2007 | 11:07 AM
|
Talking

thats all it took, i've never owned anythign else.. or atleast dont claim to own anythign else even though i have a couple chevy's in the yard, the wifes colorado, and my brothers berretta, and occasionally i will let my dad drive his blazer in my yard......lol im not against anything else. i just love my fords. Now i have my 04 heritage and couldnt be any happier with my life long choice to of continued to stick with fords.. theve been good to me over the yrs . not to mention the beauty and style of the heritage is remarkable.

Old 12-08-2007 | 11:11 AM
My first was a brand new 1990 Mustang GT.

Old 12-08-2007 | 11:13 AM
|
Originally Posted by GerRod
My first was a brand new 1990 Mustang GT.
how did that work out for you?

Old 12-08-2007 | 11:15 AM
|
Originally Posted by NASSTY
Barely,but I am getting pretty old.
what was your first? if your that old then i guess your selection of Fords must of been extravagant? back then?

Old 12-08-2007 | 11:21 AM
First Ford: 1967 Mustang 289 4 Speed 4bbl. bought in 1976 for $ 750.00 bucks, and it was in excellent shape.

Old 12-08-2007 | 11:46 AM
My first NEW vehicle was a '99 Ford Ranger with the "Off Road" package. I was 19, had just moved out on my own, and was paying for it myself so it was my baby. I loved it...great truck.

Old 12-08-2007 | 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by mrshadetree0222
what was your first? if your that old then i guess your selection of Fords must of been extravagant? back then?
My first was a hand me down from dad, 1975 F100.The first vehicle I bought and paid for was an economy car, a 1979 Mercury Bobcat.Basically a Pinto with a fancy grill. :o

Old 12-08-2007 | 11:54 AM
1989 Mustang 5.0 LX.....Sleeper!

My first new Ford was a 1989 Mustang LX 5.0 liter.....5sp trans!, removable moon roof! Man I wish I had this car today........I loved the factory tuned stainless dual exhaust with crossover pipe! & quadrashock rear suspension! At 225HP stock, it was fast in it's day....sounded sweet too! Chicks loved that car! I drove it to Poccono Pa., for my 1st NASCAR race, did between 80-100 MPH the whole way!...............

Old 12-08-2007 | 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
My first new Ford was a 1989 Mustang LX 5.0 liter.....5sp trans!, removable moon roof! Man I wish I had this car today........I loved the factory tuned stainless dual exhaust with crossover pipe! & quadrashock rear suspension! At 225HP stock, it was fast in it's day....sounded sweet too! Chicks loved that car! I drove it to Poccono Pa., for my 1st NASCAR race, did between 80-100 MPH the whole way!...............
Sounds like my story!

First Ford was a 91 Mustang LX 5.0L same 5 speed and moonroof. I miss that car more than beer....( well it's a close second )

I had mine "lightly" modified with a 80hp nitrous kit with 3.55's it was a blast.

I was so impressed with the 302 I bought my second Ford which was an 82 Capri RS with a 2 barrel and 4 speed manual.

I needed a winter "beater".

Old 12-08-2007 | 12:53 PM
My first was a white 88 T-Bird 3.8l I bought used in 92 for $5k. Last of the steel body birds. I loved that car since I worked my *** off to pay for it. Only thing I had changed on it was a altenator about 3 years into it. I had to walk to the autoparts store sunday morning about 2 miles away to get the part and it was freezing outside. I had nearly $5k worth of audio equipment installed in there. And that thing sounded awesome! I got pics in a photo album around here some place.

She lived fine up until I had military orders to move to Hawaii. That week she split a gasket and started puffing white smoke out the exhaust. I didn't have time to fix it so my in-laws towed it to their home from one side of Oklahoma to other side of Missouri. I had it for nearly 7 years when a money pinch forced me to sell it to my Uncle in-law.

I had to buy a new car, so we tried out a 93 Pontiac Grand Am SE. POS! Gave me all sorts of problems. I traded it in Hawaii on a 01 Escape XLT 4x4. That went to England and ruled the roads. That was a seriously massive truck there!

I came back to the USA in 04 and the first truck that caught my eye coming out of Lambert airport was the new F-150 monsterous rear tail gate! With in a week I bought my current truck from the same dealer I had bought my beloved T-Bird.

Old 12-08-2007 | 03:51 PM
I still have my first Ford -- it's my "daily driver" '97 Ranger and it has been the most reliable vehicle I have ever owned in my life!

I bought it simply because I needed a cheap new vehicle after changing jobs and losing my company vehicle. When I was purchasing, I looked at the S-10, the Dakota, and the Ranger.

I ruled-out the S-10 as soon as I drove it -- too car-like and it felt cheap. Then I drove the Dakota and liked it, but it was the first year of the new bodystyle and Chrysler had no deals available on them whatsoever. Then I looked at the Ranger -- felt solid, drove like a truck, and because Ford was going to an updated bodystyle in '98, I got a heck of a deal on it!

As fate would have it, that little vehicle sold me on Ford's from then on -- my wife's '05 Escape, my '05 F-150, and my soon-to-arrive '08 Mustang GT. When I hear talk of them discontinuing the Ranger, I can't help but think that would be a huge mistake for Ford, as I am the poster boy for how a cheap, entry-level vehicle can "sell" a person on that brand when it comes time to upgrade to a new vehicle!

Old 12-08-2007 | 03:52 PM
My first ford was 97 ford explorer sport (2door) It had 16" rims(standard 15") off road package It was black with silver factory fender flares.

Old 12-08-2007 | 03:58 PM
Suspended
I remember, and MISS my first Ford. I got a brand new 2002 Supercab Ranger EDGE in bright red. That truck was one hell of a truck. I really loved driving it...even though I only had the small 6, it was fun to drive.

I sold it for my F150, and in retrospect I wish I hadn't. Literally, the biggest reason I sold it was because my several thousand dollar sound system kept blowing amps and no one could figure out why. I got fed up with the stereo, and sold the whole truck

She was a beaut....

Quick Reply: Falling in love with my first Ford' do you remember your first ford