2004 - 2008 F-150

Any specific part # for Optima battery?

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007 | 01:59 PM
|
Any specific part # for Optima battery?

My 04's original battery is starting to go on me. Had our first freeze and it barely turned over, so I'm looking at the Optima yellow series.

Anyone here have a part number or will just about any of the top post models work?

Old 12-16-2007 | 04:14 PM
Truck of the Month
I believe that the Yellow top part number is a D34.

Old 12-16-2007 | 08:52 PM
Truck of the Month
Are there any batteries out there that are better than the Optima Yellow Top? Mine is not as good as it used to be.

Old 12-17-2007 | 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
Are there any batteries out there that are better than the Optima Yellow Top? Mine is not as good as it used to be.
I know alot of people in the car audio world use kinnetik batteries to power there high wattage systems. They have a long warranty on them also.

Old 12-17-2007 | 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
You should have someone run a test on your optima for CCA's. Depending on it's age and assuming your charging system is performing up to standards, if it is not putting out the correct amperage you may be able to work with Optima on a new battery.

I have a yellow top in my '91 that is 7 years old. My ignition module died a few months ago and it turned over that 5.8 many times with absolutely no trouble. I have also replace the battery cables in that truck so it has good cables and a solid ground.

I will replace the battery in my '06 with a yellow top when the time comes.

Quick Reply: Any specific part # for Optima battery?