2004 - 2008 F-150

1/4" measured in truck frames

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008 | 03:18 AM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
yeah yeah well justin isnt at ride hight 1/4" off the ground so you would have to call him out on that too

so ill reword my statement

someday ill have 0" between my frame and the ground when parked and for the occasional drag session
Someday... I really wish mine sat like that....

Old 02-10-2008 | 03:54 AM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
so ill reword my statement
someday ill have 0" between my frame and the ground when parked and for the occasional drag session

Old 02-10-2008 | 09:40 AM
OK. Whats bad about saying its a lowrider? One of my techs at work has a 200X 1500HD bagged and he calls it a lowrider. I dont understand why you wouldnt want to call it a lowrider, please explain.

Old 02-10-2008 | 11:29 AM
cause lowrider sounds mexican, most prefer the term sport or mini truck instead

Old 02-10-2008 | 11:41 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
I agree & I'm not trying to be racist.

Old 02-10-2008 | 02:03 PM
Truck looks good for that style of truck.

Old 02-10-2008 | 03:35 PM
Dribone,
If you mind me asking, What air intake are you using. I have the stock and the snorkel keeps coming out of the fender and get a rattle everytime I take off from a stop, about 1200 RPM's. Drives me nuts, I snap it back in place and the rattle goes away until it pops back out again. POS.

Old 02-10-2008 | 06:44 PM
|
Originally Posted by wrench007
Dribone,
If you mind me asking, What air intake are you using. I have the stock and the snorkel keeps coming out of the fender and get a rattle everytime I take off from a stop, about 1200 RPM's. Drives me nuts, I snap it back in place and the rattle goes away until it pops back out again. POS.
I have a Volant. Its a closed box system, and the box is bolted to the brackets where the stock filter sat.

whenever someone says lowrider, i think of the magazine Lowrider with all the cars on juice and the 'women of Latin decent' on the cover. Street Truck is more along the lines of the culture; building trucks for performance and looks without being tacky about it, cruising for the fact of being able to cruise in a machine, rather than 3 wheeling in something flashy to pick up 'da honeys'

sorry if i offended anyone...

Old 02-10-2008 | 09:02 PM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
I don't think the term "sport truck" is correct either....I think your looking for "street truck". When I think of a sport truck your looking at one that has mods for speed and handling. There is nothing at all wrong with a street truck but its no more of a sport truck than it is an offroader.

Old 02-10-2008 | 11:47 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
**PSSSST. He's a Pats fan**
I thought he owned the Pats...I don't know how I could have made that mistake.

I hate lowriders too. If you want to be that low, wouldn't it be better to just buy a car? That's all your truck is after you lower it.

Old 02-11-2008 | 09:13 AM
|
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
I hate lowriders too. If you want to be that low, wouldn't it be better to just buy a car? That's all your truck is after you lower it.
you're classifying a truck as having to be stock or lifted?

and no, it wouldn't be better to 'just buy a car'.

Old 02-11-2008 | 10:18 AM
Moderator &
Different strokes... different folks...

It's not my taste but, then again, it wasn't my money that bought it either. Regardless of brand and all of the other variables that go in to making a vehicle individualized, I continue to respect someone that does it and does it right...

I mean, I may giggle at some of the goofy things that some do (not your case, Dri) like the coffee can mufflers, weird striping, or funkadelic wheel/tire combos... but, if they're keeping it up, keeping it clean, and doing it tastefully, they'll get my respect...

Kudos to you, Dribone. It looks like a nice project and you definitely have my respect for doing it right! Nice work, man.

Old 02-11-2008 | 10:35 AM
Sorry if I offended you Dribone, I definitely didn't mean to do that. Just trying to understand why a person would want to take a truck, which is built for a purpose, and make it so that it is not able to be used for that purpose. If it makes you feel any better, I do think your truck looks badass! It's definitely done right and I certainly appreciate a job done right. If a lowered truck has a ton of power, then that really does make it cooler too. I would have to throw a supercharger on that thing...and nitrous.

Old 02-11-2008 | 11:48 AM
|
Sorry if I offended you Dribone, I definitely didn't mean to do that. Just trying to understand why a person would want to take a truck, which is built for a purpose, and make it so that it is not able to be used for that purpose. If it makes you feel any better, I do think your truck looks badass! It's definitely done right and I certainly appreciate a job done right. If a lowered truck has a ton of power, then that really does make it cooler too. I would have to throw a supercharger on that thing...and nitrous.
non taken. if i was runnign ART's kit, i wouldn't think twice about putting more power to the rear wheels, but at the point im at with a custom 5 link wishbone, I'm still working out the little quirks and vibrations.

Old 02-11-2008 | 01:35 PM
Suspended
It's easier to load things in the bed now.

Quick Reply: 1/4" measured in truck frames