2004 - 2008 F-150

Nooooo!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008 | 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by SilverFX
I had the truck at the dealer numerous times for the rear end "clunk" and they tell me that it is a "normal" thing, they couldn't find where the rattle is coming from, switches just recently stopped working, rotors recently warped, and the ticking just seemed to get worse. I never really noticed it too much until I had to get on it a bit with a cold engine because I pulled out onto the road on a blind corner and had a car coming at me. It sounded like a rod was going to come shooting out the side of the motor! All this and my warranty is long gone! Seeing as I am/was in the real estate business (dead business) with a second baby on the way, I need to watch my pennies right now like never before.
Dude I fell you. My 05 has been parked for 4-5 months because I am sueing ford for the motor noise that they refues to fix even though the dealer said the motor is shot. My attorney told me it was going to take another 8-10 months to get it into court. Good luck with your turck I hope it works out for you.

Old 02-15-2008 | 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by SilverFX
Seems like my 04 FX has reached that point where things are starting to go bad, or should I say worse. The "clunk" in the rear is still there, the constant "ticking" of the motor, the window switches that will not work, the rattling wires in the front pillar, warped rotors, and now my CHECK ENGINE light is on! I am assuming that you can use a wire to "jump" the ECU and pull out the code but I don't have a service manual to cross reference. Anyone out there with one that could look up a code for me???
Do I smell someone who wants a new truck?

Old 02-15-2008 | 10:05 PM
If the noise you hear happens right as you crank it and then goes away its probally the lack of oil on the bearings and other internal parts...especially if its been sitting while you were asleep at night or at work or if its cold weather...mine does that but it goes away within 2-3 seconds...how many miles are on your truck??? You might try using a thicker oil or some lucas or something like that....i wasnt a fan of lucas untill i built my stroker motor for my stang, after some wear and tear i could tell the engine was a little looser than normal so i changed the oil with a thicker oil and swapped a qt of lucas for a qt of oil and could tell a difference as soon as i cranked it...just take things one at a time...i had my truck for 3 months and had someone pull out in front of me and litterally took out everything from the middle of the bumper to my passenger side door, as soon as i got it back a rock flew up and cracked my windshield, and the same weekend when i was out at a bar someone keyed my tailgate....

Old 02-15-2008 | 11:47 PM
Truck of the Month
I wanna hear more freeky. What's the fineprint and exceptions?

Quick Reply: Nooooo!!!!