2004 - 2008 F-150

Some New Nightime Pics.

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008 | 09:42 AM
I've yet to install it. couple other little things have taken longer than i expected. I got the fans on ebay - 16" Zirgo, 2750cfm and a Derale adjustable thermostat from Jeg's. The thermostat kit comes with all the wiring, but in order to mount it correctly, I think you'll need some more wire. It does have the A/C wire to kick the second one on.

Old 02-19-2008 | 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by PimpRohr
Hella Head and Fog bulbs.
where'd you get them and how do they compare to stock? whiter? about the same? any blue tint (i hope not)

Old 02-19-2008 | 03:55 PM
|
More of a natural white look to them. HUGE difference from the stockers.

Got them at a show in Indy a few weeks ago from the rep.

Old 02-19-2008 | 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by travis08
my parents got a nikkon d80 and cs3 for christmas this year im in a photoshop clas at my school. still havent figured the camera out yet . when im outside the camera alwasy over exposes and i cant figure it out how to fix it. makes me so mad.
We bought my 16 year old daughter a D80 for christmas. She takes it everywhere she goes. She went to a rock concert on sunday night and took a bunch of pictures...and the lead singer gave her his tamborine. Fun times. I won't let her use my D2x...plus it's too heavy for her, especially with a 17-35mm f2.8 or a 28-70mm f2.8 on it.

Old 02-19-2008 | 09:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Big Slick
where'd you get them and how do they compare to stock? whiter? about the same? any blue tint (i hope not)
You might as well get HIDs...

Josiah, what materials do i need to build the efan kit myself? Maybe ill buy the stuff and make a trip to Modesto and you can show me how to do it.

Old 02-19-2008 | 10:23 PM
Truck of the Month
I'd mount them only via zip ties, but I'd just use a lot of them (at least 10 on each fan).

Google "Derale fan" and "flexalite fan" and decide which ones you want. There are others, but those are the tried and true afaik.

You can go the controller route, where it's temperature controlled, that will cost you more and make things a little more difficult. Or you can just do one that is always one, and one that comes on with the flip of an in cab switch, and so on. It's up to you, I have one on all the time and one on a switch for when I'm offroad or the temps rise for any reason and my Edge will let me know of this.

The wiring is pretty straight forward, my fans are ran off relays.

Old 02-20-2008 | 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
You might as well get HIDs...
i thought about it, but don't you lose the high beams? any butchering to the harness or housing? i've read from serveral posters on here that because the housing was never made to hold HID's, you'll never get proper throw and could potentially blind other drivers.

Old 02-20-2008 | 03:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Big Slick
i thought about it, but don't you lose the high beams? any butchering to the harness or housing? i've read from serveral posters on here that because the housing was never made to hold HID's, you'll never get proper throw and could potentially blind other drivers.
Some kits are bixenon, meaning they come with a high and low beam. Mine are like this. The housings are not specifically designed for HIDs, but ive driven almost 2000 miles of just interstate with my HIDs and still to this day have not been flashed by oncoming traffic. I guess mine are just aimed low enough where there is no glare...

Old 02-22-2008 | 01:28 AM
hello all.....I would like to know more on the e-fans i think i would want to go with a switch inside the cab though.....i ordered my af1 cold air intake today cant wait till it gets here so would just wnt to know whichfan is good and what are the sizes i could go with i have a 04 f150 v8 4.6L thanks ..

Quick Reply: Some New Nightime Pics.