2004 - 2008 F-150

Apology and wheel size correction..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008 | 11:31 AM
|
Apology and wheel size correction..

Well, I originally started a thread about my setup many months back [HERE].

To vipz’s credit, he initially raised questions about my claimed wheel size on the last page of that thread. I DID check following that post with my guy and he assured me that my wheels were 20"X10" - as I continued to whistle this tune for many months. I had no reason to doubt this because this was the original wheel size we agreed upon prior to installation.

Not so it seems many months later...

I’ve recently been in contact via PM with a couple of members who were interested in my setup and were contemplating going a similar route.

One member [crumbrian], yesterday, raised questions about my claimed MM’s size and after researching from his end, advised me that my posted wheel size, in conjunction with the posted backspacing/offset numbers, were not possible. I made phone calls, got hold of those I needed today, confirmed numbers, facts and figures and took a peak for myself.

He was absolutely correct! My Moto Metal 951's are NOT a 10" width. They are a 9" width.

The correct information is as follows -

Moto Metal 20" X 9" 951's
Backspacing: +18
Offset: 5.5"
...wrapped around 35x12.50 R20 Toyo Open Country M/T's

Let me now take this opportunity to publically apologize to all those who I may of confused, baffled and even [maybe] insulted in the past who have questioned my MM’s wheel diameter and I backed up 20"X10" staunchly -

I apologize with all sincerity to all.

I was only going off the information I was being fed. However, in hindsight, I should of gotten off my fat ****, shoved my fat head inside the wheel-well and looked at the numbers stamped on the back lip of the MM wheels [20"X9"] myself, the moment vipz raised the original alarm in the aforementioned thread.

You live and learn I guess...

Cheers.

Note: For the record, I did check my original receipt and it says Moto Metal 20" X 10" 951's were installed. They acknowledged this and have apologized to me in return. No reimbursement is in the works because, as I checked myself, there is no price difference between the two sizes.

PS: I’ve gone ahead and edited the original thread to highlight the changes mentioned.

Old 02-20-2008 | 01:30 PM
no harm
no foul

thanks for the update

Old 02-20-2008 | 02:36 PM
Good man to stand up and admit when you are incorrect. That is to be applauded.

Old 02-20-2008 | 07:17 PM
Suspended
hey, right thread this time!!!! haha, just busting your chops. this is one of the first times ive ever seen anyone start a thread about a mistake they made. Very nice and a respectible thing to do.

Old 02-20-2008 | 08:04 PM
I like a man that can admit when he's made a mistake, Hell, I'll even buy you a beer sense you like close by.... look me up.... first round on me....

Old 02-20-2008 | 08:52 PM
Holy cow Truck'in - that's the biggest sig I've ever seen.

Your system looks sick, by the way. I checked out your gallery.

Old 02-20-2008 | 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by 051fdrof
Holy cow Truck'in - that's the biggest sig I've ever seen.

Your system looks sick, by the way. I checked out your gallery.
Thanks, Audio System is work in progress, I'm going to dial it back some, The Sig that is.... Its gotten out of hand over time...
Its just take me forever to make one, as I not sabby to these Graphics programs..... I hardly use them anymore...

Old 02-21-2008 | 09:34 AM
|
Thanks for the kind words gents. Never been the type who couldn't retract a statement or apologize for a thoughtless comment.

Cheers.

Originally Posted by F150Truck'in
I like a man that can admit when he's made a mistake, Hell, I'll even buy you a beer sense you like close by.... look me up.... first round on me....
I've been off the grog for several years now. More health concious in my older years.

Hey, if it's a diet soad, OJ, or MRP or the like, then we're on.

Thanks for the comments anyhow

Beautiful area Chesterfield, VA. We almost moved into a neighborhood in Swift Creek/Brandermill last summer. Wish we had of.

[that's a protein powder frothed up]

Old 02-21-2008 | 03:11 PM
Originally Posted by F150Truck'in
I like a man that can admit when he's made a mistake,
x2! I'd buy you a beer but your too far away. You'll have to settle for this

Old 02-21-2008 | 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Thanks for the kind words gents. Never been the type who couldn't retract a statement or apologize for a thoughtless comment.

Cheers.

I've been off the grog for several years now. More health concious in my older years.

Hey, if it's a diet soad, OJ, or MRP or the like, then we're on.

Thanks for the comments anyhow

Beautiful area Chesterfield, VA. We almost moved into a neighborhood in Swift Creek/Brandermill last summer. Wish we had of.

[that's a protein powder frothed up]
Cool, how about Iced Tea then, OJ is good, but mind going to have some added vitamin water in it, Smirnoff Red Label Vodka... I'm about 3 miles from Swift Creek/Brandermill...

Quick Reply: Apology and wheel size correction..