Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Global Moderator &
Administrator
Contributor
Super Moderator
Received 136 Likes on 113 Posts
yah its a lifted 2wd V6, definetly needs a V8 atleast

I think the insurance wont total it unless the frame is bent. no airbags went off so that helps too. I think the bumper and front fender can be repaired

Old 03-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nuclearthreat54
Your drive shaft even came out, wtf lol.

Girls = Bad Drivers

Alcohol = Makes any one a bad driver

Girls + Alcohol = They should of never been born.
Ohhh... you are so wrong on this one.

Girls + Alcohol = Girl on Girl, the good kind of photo shoots, and all sorts of debauchery that you wouldn't want your mother to know about.

Just keep them in the passenger seat.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Originally Posted by BennyHanna
Ohhh... you are so wrong on this one.

Girls + Alcohol = Girl on Girl, the good kind of photo shoots, and all sorts of debauchery that you wouldn't want your mother to know about.

Just keep them in the passenger seat.
Or in some people's cases, in the back seat.

Just don't rock the boat.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by FX4Firefighter
Was smacked in the driver side of the truck the other night by a drunk driver
Sorry for the oversize pictures

Wow... At least your here to show us these oversized pics. :

That azzhole really Pucked up your $^*#... Sorry

Did they total the truck??

Old 03-06-2008, 07:08 AM
Nope they didnt total it YET she did casue 17500 in visiable damage, That was the insurance company price relacing thigs with used parts which i am not going for i am waiting a call back from them

Old 03-06-2008, 09:58 AM
FX4Firefighter Im glad you and her are both ok. Do you happen to have any pics of her vehicle? Also if you dont mind me asking, who do you have insurance with?

Old 03-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Nope they didnt total it YET she did casue 17500 in visiable damage, That was the insurance company price relacing thigs with used parts which i am not going for i am waiting a call back from them
$17,500! That baby is going to the truck graveyard! If it does for sure you have a new one on the way then!

Old 03-06-2008, 04:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Drinking + Driving in the snow...that's tough even sober. Good call.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Glad to see you alright. As far as that girl they should lock her up and throw away the key!

Old 03-06-2008, 08:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You might have an argument about using aftermarket parts but you don't have an argument with used parts if the used parts are in the same or better condition than your damaged parts. They are replacing your used parts with other used parts. I have been to court many times (I was in insurance claims) and one of the first things that comes up when it came to the amount claimed was the availability of used parts. If used parts are available but not used, the judge bases the amount owed on the price of the used parts.

Old 03-19-2008, 03:46 PM
While after several weeks it looks like they are going to total the f150 what pi$$es me off is that i will have lost the 16 grade i already paid in to it and after i pay it off i will have only 5 grand for a down payment BLAH Now should i buy used or new

Old 03-19-2008, 05:54 PM
While after several weeks it looks like they are going to total the f150 what pi$$es me off is that i will have lost the 16 grade i already paid in to it and after i pay it off i will have only 5 grand for a down payment BLAH Now should i buy used or new
If you do buy new make sure you get "gap" or "limited waiver of depreciation" insurance. This will ensure that this situation doesn't happen again. If your vehicle is written off in the first 3-5 years of owning it (length of time depends on policy) you will get the full value of a brand new vehicle back.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm really sorry for your position - I'd be really pi$$ed myself. Although having been in a similar situation I asked the insurance company if I could settle and buy back the salvage vehicle. In my case I paid the $300.00 salvage fee for the vehicle (that's $300.00 less my settlement) - took the money the insurance gave me - got an independant repair shop to fix it and get it safetied and still came out well ahead. If you're not comfortable with this you can still buy back your "salvage" for a ridiculous low price and take your 5 grand balance (or maybe 4700.00) and part out some of the valueables and goodies you already paid into and make the situation somewhat benefit you. After all you didn't ask for any of this to happen - it just did. Rims and tires alone should get your salvage title and more. What's more is that if you don't buy this baby back someone else will snag it from the insurance company and do exactly what I said and sell it for a good profit.
Paul.

Quick Reply: Involved in an accident