2004 - 2008 F-150

The Official Leather Install Guide w/pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well after seeing all the pictures I can only sum it up by saying:

F that mod!

LOL, honestly though... awesome job... looks amazing!

Old 03-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by soxfan81
perfect timing I am about to do the same mod. If you only had the 40/20/40 bench this would be perfect. Looks Great! Please tell me you have a dog.
Actually, I have 3, all of them shelties (looks like a small lassie) and they leave hair everywhere.

The 40/20/40 front seat is the same as the captians chairs, the only difference is the center 20, the two outer 40's are the same.

Old 03-16-2008, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by shaunakadub
Well after seeing all the pictures I can only sum it up by saying:

F that mod!

LOL, honestly though... awesome job... looks amazing!
It's not as hard as it looks, the hardest part is getting the clips holding the back seat in to release.

Old 03-17-2008, 12:14 AM
We just got through doing this "mod" last weekend. It's a chore of a job and I was sore for a good day and a half afterwards but it looks so much nicer than the light flint cloth crap we had.

I commend you for the pics...we removed our seats entirely and worked in the garage, I imagine your space was constrained in the cab but it looks nice.

We purchased ours from leatherseats.com via an ebay sale they routinely offer. Our XLT center console is/was the hardest part of the job; so many specialty plastic items that break and hard to wrap. We are only lacking the top piece of the center console (where your elbows rest)...we want to make sure that its done as good as can be.

Next time I will buy it with the leather option, don't want to go through this again

Old 03-17-2008, 06:10 AM
I put leather in my 2005 XLT supercab last August. Got them from leatherseats.com. They are a lot better fitting from the ones pictured here and the cost was the same. Also, a lot less labor is involved. I used the snap ties for the install over the hog ring method, still have the hog rings and tool, if anyone wants them. I did mine in a day, but what a difference and the leather smells awesome.

Old 03-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Nice Mod to the truck! Great Pics!

Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 AM
the seats look great man!

i'm constantly going back and forth between wanting leather, and wanting cloth. while i like the looks of leather better, i hate that it is freezing in the winter, and burning hot in the summer.

if you'd be willing to ship your old seat covers, i'll gladly pay shipping and throw you a couple of bucks for your time. let me know if you'd like to work something out. a friend of mine kindly put a ciggarette burn in the back seat... it matches the ciggarette burn the previous owner put in the front passenger's seat lol.. so i'm definately in need of seat covers

again... the seats look great!

Last edited by Strider0O0; 04-01-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:39 AM
wow that looks really good. i think the only thing you're missing is the leather wrapped lariat dash brow. speaking of which, anyone know the part number for it?

Old 03-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Actually, I have 3, all of them shelties (looks like a small lassie) and they leave hair everywhere.

The 40/20/40 front seat is the same as the captians chairs, the only difference is the center 20, the two outer 40's are the same.
ya it's the 20 section that looks like a pita.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:45 PM
sorry to ask again, but have you given any more thought into getting rid of your old black seat covers? i'm still interested! i'd PM you but i'm not allowed yet, lol.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Nice job! Thanks for all the info, i considered it awhile ago but was somewhat overwhelmed at the thought of replacing the current covers...I may have to reconsider it now.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:31 AM
awesome step by step pics!
I still don't think I'll be doing mine myself but props to you!

Old 04-09-2008, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Strider0O0
sorry to ask again, but have you given any more thought into getting rid of your old black seat covers? i'm still interested! i'd PM you but i'm not allowed yet, lol.
They are already gone, gave them to a member who is local. I promised them to him a few months ago.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Strider0O0
the seats look great man!

i'm constantly going back and forth between wanting leather, and wanting cloth. while i like the looks of leather better, i hate that it is freezing in the winter, and burning hot in the summer.

if you'd be willing to ship your old seat covers, i'll gladly pay shipping and throw you a couple of bucks for your time. let me know if you'd like to work something out. a friend of mine kindly put a ciggarette burn in the back seat... it matches the ciggarette burn the previous owner put in the front passenger's seat lol.. so i'm definately in need of seat covers

again... the seats look great!
That's why I got the premium cloth. My last 3 cars had Leather and 2 of them were heated/cooled. I just can't sit on leather for more than a few minutes without sweating. The premium cloth is sort of like a high-end office chair material. Very durable and they breath well.

Leather looks fantastic though. Good job on the install as well.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
They are already gone, gave them to a member who is local. I promised them to him a few months ago.
damn. oh well, i tried, lol. good to hear another member will get good use out of them.

Originally Posted by naplesbill
That's why I got the premium cloth. My last 3 cars had Leather and 2 of them were heated/cooled. I just can't sit on leather for more than a few minutes without sweating. The premium cloth is sort of like a high-end office chair material. Very durable and they breath well.

Leather looks fantastic though. Good job on the install as well.
my buddy's 07 F350 has the heated leather seats... they're nice, but i still complain in the very beginning for those few seconds they aren't warmed up for. in the summer it sucks because his truck is black.... you can barely breath inside, let alone touch anything because you'll get 3rd degree burns from everything, haha.

if i take the plunge and get a set of leather seat covers ill be installing a heating system as well. if i find one that does both heat and ac, then that would be even better, but heat is my top priority.

Quick Reply: The Official Leather Install Guide w/pics