2004 - 2008 F-150

Lower Grille Insert

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008 | 05:32 PM
|
Thumbs down Lower Grille Insert

So I bought a Precision Billet Lower Grille Insert to match my the grille on my truck and I installed it yesterday afternoon, took me about an hour to do because the instructions were junk (and I literally refused to believe it, when I figured out what they wanted me to do). Anyway I'm wondering if anyone has lower grille inserts by this manufacturer and what they think of them?

Personally I think its a crappy design. It clamps on the bumper bracket and has 2 long extension brackets that go to the grille and press it agaisnt the bumper, the clamps are cheap and not easy to use and the extension brackets are so long and flimsy that they bend under the weight of the grille and dont support it well! Has anyone figured out a way to modify this grille for more support and stability? If so, what did you do? I'm tryin to figure something out...

Overall its a nice looking grille but the installation design and hardware suck ***.... and dont think I should have poorly designed crap on my truck just because it looks nice lol.... Looking to improve it, any ideas?

Old 05-05-2008 | 08:26 AM
Carriage Works

Quick Reply: Lower Grille Insert