2004 - 2008 F-150

Replacing side mirror

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008 | 10:24 AM
|
Replacing side mirror

Hi all,

Did a search and found nothing, anyone have instructions and pics for replacing drivers side mirror. I have the one with turn signal, heat, etc.
Some jerk smashed mine on the weekend.
Also looking for mirror, anyone have one for sale???? before I go get one at dealer.
Thanks

Last edited by Stiffhorn99; 07-01-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 07-01-2008 | 10:31 PM
Hey Stiff...

This thread will show you how to remove the door panel (98% of the job)... for the rest the mirror is held on with three bolts.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=334287

There's also, like, a hundred page thread on replacing regular mirrors with "trailer towing mirrors" (if you search for that)... talks about the different wiring options.

Confidence, it's really not too hard.

Old 07-01-2008 | 10:34 PM
Oh... and there's got to be fifty guys have replaced their mirrors with the trailering ones. Somebody's bound to have a set for sale.

I'm keeping mine until I'm sure I'm happy with the trailer ones (sorry)...

Otherwise... the place everybody's getting the mirrors from is tasca ford parts (there's a link in that thread I told you about)... best price I've seen on OEM Ford stuff. Sure they'll have regular mirrors for you.

Old 07-01-2008 | 10:36 PM
Here's that thread:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=321297

Warning... its a long one... and if you've any interest in towing you'll probably find yourself calling tasca... with your credit card in hand

Old 07-02-2008 | 02:56 AM
I've replaced the whole assembly before on my driver's side and it was simple. The passenger side is cracked yet the rest is fine so I'd like to replace just the mirror itself since that's all I want and it's the least expensive way of going about it but I don't know what to do as far as taking the assembly apart and putting it back together with a new mirror.

http://www.tascafordparts.com//index.do

Has a decent price on it.

Old 07-02-2008 | 10:31 AM
|
Thnx guys. This forum is the best.

Old 07-03-2008 | 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by goodwood
I've replaced the whole assembly before on my driver's side and it was simple. The passenger side is cracked yet the rest is fine so I'd like to replace just the mirror itself since that's all I want and it's the least expensive way of going about it but I don't know what to do as far as taking the assembly apart and putting it back together with a new mirror.

http://www.tascafordparts.com//index.do

Has a decent price on it.
They just pop off and pop right back on. You will need a putty knife and a long thin screw driver. Mirror glass only from the dealer cost me about 25 bucks. You will need the last 7 digits of your Vin number so as to get the right mirror glass/plastic.

Old 07-03-2008 | 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by memLT-1
They just pop off and pop right back on. You will need a putty knife and a long thin screw driver. Mirror glass only from the dealer cost me about 25 bucks. You will need the last 7 digits of your Vin number so as to get the right mirror glass/plastic.
Really? I hate those because I always end up breaking that pops on and off. :o Do I stick the screwdriver or putty knife anywhere to pry?

Old 07-04-2008 | 02:46 AM
Just pry the mirror out a little and you will be able to see where the attaching points are, then insert the putty knife close to one of thew and gently twist the blade and it should pop out. There is an excelent thread some where on here that shows pictures and step by step.I'll try to find it and then post the link.

Old 07-04-2008 | 03:23 AM
these are good pics.just pry the mirror off the round center piece that is whittle mishap - drivers side mirror glass replacement *pics*
last5oh_302 t moves the mirror remotely..............just look up this guys thread last5oh-302....your mirror mounts to the round center piece, turn your mirror all the wat in or out you will see where it mounts then pry off good luck

Last edited by memLT-1; 07-04-2008 at 03:39 AM.
Old 01-01-2009 | 03:18 PM
Hope you got the same year mirror. I have tryed to re wire it a hundred way's with no luck in getting my turn signal lights to work. I put a set of 06 mirrors on my 07 both got smashed, so I found a set from an 06. Can;t get the turn signals to work for the life of me.

I have the wiring diagrams from Ford also.

Quick Reply: Replacing side mirror