2004 - 2008 F-150

Snub nose, super short bed F150......

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 11:29 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Budha05STX

If you only had a ball hitch in your receiver, you'd probably only be lookin at a new bumper. As for the front, if only you had a bull bar... oh wait...

Originally Posted by Budha05STX

This sure is a crappy situation to be in. I know that bad feeling in your stomach this all makes, and it sure is hard to make it go away... It's too bad this had to happen, but you came out pretty lucky! I hope the Dr. can take care of your aches and pains.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by BlueScrew150
If you only had a ball hitch in your receiver, you'd probably only be lookin at a new bumper. As for the front, if only you had a bull bar... oh wait...

This sure is a crappy situation to be in. I know that bad feeling in your stomach this all makes, and it sure is hard to make it go away... It's too bad this had to happen, but you came out pretty lucky! I hope the Dr. can take care of your aches and pains.
It did have a hitch in there.....the tow truck driver removed it when he unloaded because when he loaded it dug in and lifted the left side of the truck off the ground.

Old 07-13-2008, 10:24 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by BlueScrew150
Errr wrong, had the accident been slightly less severe, it still would of bent the frame just from the leverage from the hitch. I've seen it happen way too many times. There's a reason why it's against the law in most parts of the country to have a hitch inside of the receiver when not in use. Not only is it more dangerous to other vehicles, it also causes more damage. The only time it saves you is in those low speed, low energy types of crashes.

Old 07-14-2008, 12:41 AM
hey im back just checking in...

That truck that hit you was pretty moded am I the only one thinking it would be funny if he was also on this site and had made a post about plowing some guy?? O well sorry for your luck looks pretty bad by the seat twisting the rear is expected they are weak back there as to bend and take a hit like that without passing too much force on, but im susprised your not laying in bed not able to turn your head or sit up, deff luckly unless the whiplash kicks in soon I didnt see what day this all happened.

Old 07-14-2008, 01:19 AM
I'm glad you're alright. That was one brutal impact!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by CrAz3D
I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic ... but ok
I don't know, you know how people can be just as much as I do, I mean look at Raptor and Manual.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Man that looks like a crazy wreck. 2 great lookin f150's in 1 wreck. depressing . Glad to hear your ok though

Have fun with the new truck.

and lol to the 35's clearance thing

Old 07-14-2008, 10:12 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I mean look at Raptor and Manual.

Ugh, do we have to???

Old 07-15-2008, 11:59 AM
Errr wrong, had the accident been slightly less severe, it still would of bent the frame just from the leverage from the hitch. I've seen it happen way too many times. There's a reason why it's against the law in most parts of the country to have a hitch inside of the receiver when not in use. Not only is it more dangerous to other vehicles, it also causes more damage. The only time it saves you is in those low speed, low energy types of crashes.
That doesn't keep me from leaving this in as my hitch cover at all times.

Old 07-15-2008, 12:23 PM
Suspended
Suprising that you've never got pulled over for it. Have you?

Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Suspended
Suprising that you've never got pulled over for it. Have you?
I had a huge triple ball solid steel ball & shank that hung a good distance off my hitch for almost 2 years. Some A hole finally stole it but here in Tx they dont really care about that. Infact all trucks I have owned (3) I have always left them in and they dont care. I have claimed 3 hoods/grills from cars that bump me in traffic though

To add I am not leaving it in to be a tool, its just the we have soo many drivers here without insurance your better off protecting yourself. I have been hit 4 times and only 1 person had insurance

Old 07-01-2009, 09:56 PM
WOW! i feel much better driving down the road this truck already feels so sturdy and now wow glad everyone is okay!

Old 07-01-2009, 10:47 PM
...There's a reason why it's against the law in most parts of the country to have a hitch inside of the receiver when not in use. Not only is it more dangerous to other vehicles, it also causes more damage. The only time it saves you is in those low speed, low energy types of crashes.
I do realize that this is an old thread but was recently brought back up. Curiosity has got me; I am usually up to date on these types of things. Has anyone else heard of this being a law? Not being able to have a hitch in when not in use?

Old 07-01-2009, 11:00 PM
^^^ I hope its against the law I've seen them cause damage to many times, one time like at 12ish i was at my friend apartment heading out and then i see this expy backing up and then BAM! he hits a tundras bumper and doesn't even stop to look and just burns out and leaves

Old 07-01-2009, 11:21 PM
Suspended
I think you'd be hard pressed to find a cop that would ticket your for something like that.

Wonder how booder is doing.

Quick Reply: Snub nose, super short bed F150......