2004 - 2008 F-150

Where did you mount your mag-light?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2008, 02:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where did you mount your mag-light?

I came across some maglight clips the other day so I'm just trying to get some ideas on where to mount in the cab

Old 08-22-2008, 02:44 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Maglight clips???

Mine just rolls around on the floor behind my seat...I guess it doesnt have far to go in a reg. cab anyway.

Where did you get these things?

Old 08-22-2008, 04:25 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mine is under the drivers rear seat. I wedged it between my tow ropes and the seat frame

do tell where you found some mag light clips?

Old 08-22-2008, 07:28 AM
I mounted mine just behind the flow through console on the floor of my SCab where it angles in. Fits and looks nice there. I can also quickly reach back and grab it when needed. The only problem is that I have to find a way to make it more rigid. Perhaps if i could drill a hole through and put a couple washers and nuts on the back side from under the truck to help. It is using just screws right now and it feels like they will pull out if i dont push down on the bracket and pull up on the mag light at the same time. I haven't looked directly under the truck to see if this is even possible yet but just a thought.

Old 08-22-2008, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by n8er00
I mounted mine just behind the flow through console on the floor of my SCab where it angles in. Fits and looks nice there. I can also quickly reach back and grab it when needed.
Good place for it. That's where I put my extinguiser.

I mounted the light to the floor right in front of the driver's seat. So I can just grab it as I jump out of the truck. Although I may be moving it. It is a little too under foot on occation.

Actually got my clips here

www.amazon.com

Very very cheap mod.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Mine is stuck inbetween the drivers seat and the console forward of the seatbelt. Doesnt move, doesnt touch me and I dont see a scratch on the console or the light yet.

A couple of times I tried to plug the seatbelt into the flashlight, but other than that no problems.

My dad drove my truck for a week and he moved the flashlight. I assumed that it bothered him. We are built differently. Even though I am 240lbs, I'm long and lanky he is more stocky.

Old 08-22-2008, 08:52 AM
Everyone that has Maglites, and most everyone does- I've got a 6-D, 1/2 a dozen 2-AA, 2 3-D. They've always been good enough I thought, (for the money they still are), until I bought a Surefire. If you haven't seen these things, you won't believe how bright they are-not just for their size either. I bought a couple of the 6P single LED model, one for the wife and me. About the size of the 2 AA model Mag. The little LED Surefire is brighter than all of the Maglites, save maybe the 6-D, which is nearly the size of a small bat, and illegal in a car. The Surefire is more of an investment, but you'll not be sorry you made it. Oh, I keep mine in the glove box.

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...4459/sesent/00

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...br/6/sesent/00

Old 08-22-2008, 09:01 AM
I have mine in the drivers side door pocket along with my work gloves, measure and tools.

Old 08-22-2008, 09:10 AM
I could buy a whole pallet of Mag-Lites for the price of one Sure Fire.

That being said, spend money wise and get the Sure-Fire. The Mag clips can be had at any local store that sells the lights. For you front license plate state guys, they work great to attach a license plate to a winch roller fairlead.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:05 AM
I used to have mine mounted under the driver seat (secured to the front of the bracket) but now its here.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
Good place for it. That's where I put my extinguiser.

Is your fire extinguisher rigid against the floor? If so, how'd you do it?

Old 08-22-2008, 11:23 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Mount it to the front of the drivers seat frame. Its the best place IMO.

You will forget you even put it there its so out of the way, but it will always be within reach.

Last edited by FX4life; 08-22-2008 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:35 PM
I put mine right here. Soldered the power wires into the Aux Port. Within reach when i need it and out of passengers way.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:37 PM
I keep mine in the little pocket on the front of the center console. Mine is the 2C so its fits nicely.

Old 08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Carlsson3
Everyone that has Maglites, and most everyone does- I've got a 6-D, 1/2 a dozen 2-AA, 2 3-D. They've always been good enough I thought, (for the money they still are), until I bought a Surefire. If you haven't seen these things, you won't believe how bright they are-not just for their size either. I bought a couple of the 6P single LED model, one for the wife and me. About the size of the 2 AA model Mag. The little LED Surefire is brighter than all of the Maglites, save maybe the 6-D, which is nearly the size of a small bat, and illegal in a car. The Surefire is more of an investment, but you'll not be sorry you made it. Oh, I keep mine in the glove box.

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...4459/sesent/00

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...br/6/sesent/00

I second what Carlsson3 says...get the Surefire! A much better flashlight and storage is as simple as tossing it in your glovebox or center compartment. When comparing the two, its like night (maglite) and day (surefire).

Quick Reply: Where did you mount your mag-light?