2004 - 2008 F-150

Blown Head Gasket!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
Well they got the truck fixed, along with about 3/4 of a page of parts.

They replaced the head, the head gasket, cleaned the entire engine up internally/externally, new oil, filter, coolant, power steering fluid, a/c refrigerant, new o-rings on ALL cylinders, new IMRC controller along with the bushings and linkage, a new belt, the a/c compressor still had the grind, and they replaced that too, and a few other things.

There was lots of stuff wrong, and they cleaned up the engine bay as it came from the factory. Not to mention they went the extra step to fix the a/c grind that came back even with a new compressor, by replacing it again.

In fact, they did a super job. I applaud them.

I'm really happy, and the truck drives SOOOO much better, and there's no more pinging!

My service manager said that he will bet any amount of money that I won't have problems for a VERY long time. He told me I can rest assured that it has been done right.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
My service manager said that he will bet any amount of money that I won't have problems for a VERY long time. He told me I can rest assured that it has been done right.
Until you lug the engine, build up carbon, and start breaking stuff again.

Glad to hear you got it back though.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:19 PM
did you man up and tell them the reason has flat spots in the tires due to your negligence?

Old 12-10-2008, 10:26 PM
?

The ebrake on the Ford Edge is very close to where a clutch would be. Why they did that is beyond me as it is quite dangerous. The other thing was to disengage the ebrake, you have to push on the pedal again, and I was looking around for a release like on my truck and any other vehicle I've driven and it wasn't there.

In this case I panicked, and the first thing I learned driving standard is to disengage the clutch and go to neutral while braking. Not sure if you've ever drove a M5OD, but the clutch is relatively stiff. Hence why I slammed the ebrake, but I got more paranoid when I was looking to put a shifter into neutral and it wasn't going. I used a lot of force because it wasn't going and I was scared for obvious reasons.

The tires got a flat spot in them from the tread being sanded off by the road when the ebrake was on. It wasn't too bad, but the rear was riding quirky.

I'm not the only one who does this either... my friend ripped his mom's Maxima shifter off after having some idiot run him off the road.

It was an '03 Ford Escape XLT with the 4 speed auto AT transaxle with Control TracII 4x4, tow package, with the extending roof rack package. It was loaded up too. Auto everything, 6 cd mp3, etc... Every 15k the tranny, like clock work, would die. I would be driving home, and suddenly the O/D off light would begin flashing, then like 2 minutes would go by, and I would lose 1st, 2nd, and 3rd and O/D... hence I could floor the little bugger, and it wouldn't go anywhere in R, D, 2, or 1. Somehow the line pressures always got too high and would bust the pump. They think it was from my driving habits, and they actually recommended me getting a stick for my usage requirements. So I bought the F150 and I have yet to have a problem with the tranny. Plus I always complained to them that thing would accelerate at 3k rpms all the time... it was annoying. A car should never need to go beyond 2000 rpms -- ever, under normal driving.

My F150 has never seen 2500+ rpms -- ever. Why? It doesn't need to.
your dealer will get a kick out of reading post #47 as well as this topic as a whole

Old 12-10-2008, 10:29 PM
?

Well they got the truck fixed, along with about 3/4 of a page of parts.

They replaced the head, the head gasket, cleaned the entire engine up internally/externally, new oil, filter, coolant, power steering fluid, a/c refrigerant, new o-rings on ALL cylinders, new IMRC controller along with the bushings and linkage, a new belt, the a/c compressor still had the grind, and they replaced that too, and a few other things.

There was lots of stuff wrong, and they cleaned up the engine bay as it came from the factory. Not to mention they went the extra step to fix the a/c grind that came back even with a new compressor, by replacing it again.

In fact, they did a super job. I applaud them.

I'm really happy, and the truck drives SOOOO much better, and there's no more pinging!

i bet service mgr has different thoughts after reading previous post

Old 12-10-2008, 11:59 PM
I'm calling total B/S on the e-brake thing. An e-brake pedal and a clutch pedal have a totally different feel, not to mention in order to get the brake so tight to lock up the tires, you'd REALLY have to stomp on that thing.

Old 12-11-2008, 09:36 AM
Contributor
Originally Posted by Zaairman
I'm calling total B/S on the e-brake thing. An e-brake pedal and a clutch pedal have a totally different feel, not to mention in order to get the brake so tight to lock up the tires, you'd REALLY have to stomp on that thing.
I panicked and stomped to the point to where I had to practically stand on it to turn it off. Was not cool at all.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I love it. Guy thows out a line & hook with a little bait and has gotten 10 pages of bites! After reeling in a few, he re-baits the hook with even smellier bait and y'all keep on biting. Man, I just gotta go fishing with him someday

Old 12-11-2008, 11:02 PM
Contributor
Day 2 with the truck with lots of driving... truck is just getting better and better. I think my problem has been corrected! Case closed!

Old 12-12-2008, 06:03 AM
?

Day 2 with the truck with lots of driving... truck is just getting better and better. I think my problem has been corrected! Case closed!
not so fast scooby, manual 150 didn't come clean with the fact he flat spotted the rear tires in the loaner vehicle- the edge,he'd have gotten away with it until the sleuthing skills of f150 online members chimed in

Old 12-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Contributor
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
not so fast scooby, manual 150 didn't come clean with the fact he flat spotted the rear tires in the loaner vehicle- the edge,he'd have gotten away with it until the sleuthing skills of f150 online members chimed in
OOh... I bet you guys want a scooby snack...

Hey openclass... there's your super duper van right in the pic...

Just playin' with ya...

Old 12-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Didn't he already fess up to the dealership about the tires? He wrote something about it a while ago.

Old 12-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Please god ...can we close this thread now ?

Old 12-12-2008, 04:49 PM
Contributor
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
Didn't he already fess up to the dealership about the tires? He wrote something about it a while ago.
Yeah, I did... I felt kind of bad and stupid. :o

Old 12-25-2008, 01:46 AM
Contributor
Changed the oil today on my schedule... even though they put new oil in... can't hurt. So while under there, it was dry. Not to mention the truck is driving so very nice! I'm very happy.

Quick Reply: Blown Head Gasket!