2004 - 2008 F-150

jlt performance

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009 | 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by openclasspro#11
i guess you feel the industry standard for every 10 degrees rise in ambient air intake = so many percent less power doesn't hold it's weight in water,...
This statement doesn't make an ounce of cense. Industry standard ? Where are you getting this information from?

We don't use power at idle, we use power are speed.

Yes, you can data log IAT's and you should. When at speed we have data logged 10-30 degrees higher temps under 30mph and 0-10 at 55mph

What also isn't true is how long it takes for IAT's to come down when moving.

We have tested this as well and saw that with an open filter under the hood IAT's increased quicker at idle then a boxed filter, but BOTH increased in temps.
Then when moving the open filter dropped temps much faster then the boxed filter due to the incoming air to the filter.

Open your hood and look down. What do you see? The ground.
What's on the front of your truck? A huge grille.

What does this mean?
When driving you have tons of air flowing all around your engine compartment.
It's not as hot as you would think.

If I wanted a boxed up filter under my hood I'd just keep the stocker

BTW,
Thanks bankrpt

Old 04-30-2009 | 03:29 PM
|
yeah the kit will be here tomaarow im cant wait if i get underdrive pulleys can i program the programmer to compensat for the pulleys

Old 05-03-2009 | 10:36 AM
|
i got the programmer and intake installed about an hour ago and all i can say is WWWOOOWWW!!! lets just say i had the edge with another intake and the old setup would not hang with this new setup in anyway possible i just did the tune without adjusting any thing if anyone knows about the wot and other adjustments please help me adjust i have the sct sf3 programmer with jlt coldair intake and banks 3.5 inch exhaust with a 3.5 inch turn down any help would be appreicated thanks jonathan

Old 05-04-2009 | 04:27 PM
Very good to hear and glad your happy.
Funny how those that have it like it, but those that don't talk crap.

I love it!
Have a good day
Jay

Old 05-04-2009 | 04:36 PM
|
just a bunch of sh@$ talkers lol

Old 05-04-2009 | 09:03 PM
and who's the one in the chips section crying about this combo and having to adjust wot for this intake?lol

Old 05-04-2009 | 09:50 PM
|
no one is crying just asking a simple question i did go visit a dyno company and the guy rode with me for a few mins and he even said to up the WOT he did say the exhaust piping was big and that it was bringing in and releasing so much that is was starving for fuel he said it was nothing that would hurt anything and i do have a dyno date set up to tune it for the most output

Old 05-05-2009 | 12:01 AM
your o2 sensor location did not change, your exhaust velocity decreased- but i guess you already know that sp+vp=tp, funny how your the ONLY member hear that runs a monster exhaust that runs into that-the problem lied in the intake , not the exhaust-put oem intake back on and run tune-you will not need more fuel at wot- prove me wrong

Old 05-05-2009 | 12:33 AM
|
when i had my edge and street and performance intake i had to also turn the wot up when i sold the edge and was running intake with exhaust it really popped bad im not trying to start a **** match or anything all i was doing was asking a question sorry for bothering

Old 05-05-2009 | 04:53 AM
it's the intake, whether it's and edge, gryphon, or sct- that intake needs to have a specific tune for the maf transfer rate of the intake- it's not the exhaust- point i'm trying to get across to you bankrpt-toooooooooooooooo many members here run that exhaust on tunes- let alone stock tuning, and have not experiencxed your issues-trying to be educational to you- not start a pissing match

Old 05-05-2009 | 09:17 AM
|
ok thanks but the sct tuner does have specific tine for the intake

Old 05-05-2009 | 03:07 PM
well then the tune wasn't right then, no way will a 3.5" catback have you have to richen at wot,good luck with the tune

Old 05-05-2009 | 03:10 PM
|
thanks i have a date setup to run it on the dyno to make sure everything is in check and tune adjust everything to get the max out of it

Old 05-05-2009 | 03:23 PM
?

Originally Posted by bankrpt
thanks i have a date setup to run it on the dyno to make sure everything is in check and tune adjust everything to get the max out of it
there ya goother than live datalogging/tuning- this dyno with air fuel numbers will get ya in the game-i'll bet $ your tune gets tweaked

Old 05-07-2009 | 01:02 PM
Hey Open,
We have sent tooooooooooo many of these kits with no issues to say the intake is a problem.
1) you have never used it
2) you have never tested it
3) your a T&*)or supporter and I understand your fight.

Fact is, our package nets 20-30 RWHP and even more TQ. Easily dyno tested and proven!
Another fact is this customer has the larges exhaust I've ever seen and he had the ability to add a measly 4% fuel and all it great. Adding fuel isn't a major tune adjustment.

Fact #3 he went from a Edge tuner and aftermarket intake to a JLT and NOTICED a gain in the seat of the pants.
THAT"S COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, any mail order tune can get a tweak here or there. That's a foolish thing to say you bet it will need it.
Come on, your smarter then that and so are we.

Now I remember why I haven't clicked this forum in over a year.

Quick Reply: jlt performance