2004 - 2008 F-150

Manual hubs upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008 | 09:05 PM
|
A whole page ago I said I wasn't messing with anything. I was just curious. That seems to be WAY too much for some of the people here. That learning something is a problem is a sad commentary on a number of things...

its the people that use them 4x4 twice a year that have issues with it,use it or lose it.
Anyway, while I am in the use it once a week camp, I've been waiting on someone to say this... Atom, can you explain how a system that is disengaged every single time you start the vehicle and engaged every time you turn it off, is not getting enough use? I have my own idea after looking at the shop manual but I wonder if anyone else comes up with the same explanation.

Oh and by the way, while you called me gramps, and I'm likely within five years of age of you, that was a very mature re-entrance to the thread.

Old 12-24-2008 | 09:14 PM
Suspended
i could care how old you are, betting your a college grad. this thread is just fun to me now. your trying to pick apart a system that has worked fine for a majority of people that use and ramble on about it and argue with damn near everyone on here. i'm immature, you threaten to put people on your ignore list.

Old 12-24-2008 | 09:28 PM
|
You have fun being an ignorant *****? You have nothing better to do with your life?

Old 12-24-2008 | 09:36 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by arrabil
You have fun being an ignorant *****? You have nothing better to do with your life?

Old 12-24-2008 | 09:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I bet I'm getting ignored right now...oh dear, whatever shall I do with myself

@ arrabil...atom wasn't a ***** until you came at him like that. Post #20,21 and then #25...guess he missed the apology you left him at the bottom of #25.
everything was pretty civil until Post #32. That was uncalled for...and speaking of maturity, your lack thereof shows

most everybody who has posted in this thread is completely aware of the hub issues that exist. I'd bet money that we knew about them before you reared your head onto the forum and started trying to pick a fight while getting technical.
if a hub fails, it isn't going to leave you stranded up sh*t creek without a paddle. it will simply engaged that hub and spin the front axle...simple...and something you can limp home on.

and according to you, continue to drive on, because it doesn't hurt to drive with your hubs engaged. please, plug your vacuum lines and ruin your truck. I can wait to tell you "I told you so".

Ford has spent alot of money designing these trucks. Trying to re-engineer something like this is idiotic, and I wish you a broken truck...no, that would be wrong of me towards your truck. May you jam your finger while being stupid and self-righteous
btw arrabil, why didn't you answer my question about the "Hub that Broke"?

something mighty fishy with your story. I smell some

:santa: Merry Christmas to all, and may your Hubs work tonight

Old 12-24-2008 | 10:35 PM
|
Tylus, I've been on this board for a week or two and in that time I have read enough of your posts to know that you talk out your *** non-stop and that you know close to zero about automotive issues that you aren't parroting from someone else. That knowledge was gleaned BEFORE I even started this thread. Though I can tell you're too stubborn, you aught to think about what that means real hard.

Addressing the HUGE mystery:
I've only had the F-150 since last Tuesday! And I didn't know that the hubs failed in the good direction and stated that at least twice since being educated by MercedesTech. My concern was with my previous, extensive experience with Ford auto hubs. The same experience that at least FOUR others have agreed with in this thread alone.

So, the answer to your REALLY STUPID question, the 1996 Ranger that I just sold had a hub failure on the way back from my fishing hole in 2000! And I've replaced the auto hubs on four other Fords since then.

Trying to re-engineer something like this is idiotic, and I wish you a broken truck
But this is the best line in the whole thread! You know so little about mechanics, yet you have 2700 posts, that you've literally glued yourself to Ford's sphincter! You own a supercharger, what the hell would you call that if not re-engineering? What about an 8" lift? Xenon lights? Ford didn't put a hard tonneau cover on the thing either but I can buy one! And 24" rims. We can even put an Eaton E-Locker in the front and back! Those idiots at Eaton messing with things they don't understand. And AutoSpring, you can't put a spacer over the springs!

before you reared your head onto the forum and started trying to pick a fight while getting technical.
THIS is the real crux of the issue. You and Atom didn't want to re-engineer anything. No problem, no one asked you to. BUT you didn't know when to BUTT-OUT when it went over your head and outside Atom's interests.

Either way, I'm done with this thread. This is WAY too much drama. So feel free to get the last word since I know you couldn't possibly resist doing so.

Old 12-24-2008 | 11:22 PM
Suspended
i'm sure tylus and i haven't let anything go over are heads. some noob is rambling on and on and on about something they don't make and probably never will. end of discussion. merry xmas all. :santa:

Old 12-24-2008 | 11:25 PM

Tylus, I've been on this board for a week or two and in that time I have read enough of your posts to know that you talk out your *** non-stop and that you know close to zero about automotive issues that you aren't parroting from someone else. That knowledge was gleaned BEFORE I even started this thread. Though I can tell you're too stubborn, you aught to think about what that means real hard.
really, and you base this from what? because I think that body lifts are retarded and dangerous. what a great variety of info you have drawn upon to make an informed decision of me. I even backed out of that thread rather than keeping the argument going.

could you elaborate about my problem with "talk out your *** non-stop and that you know close to zero about automotive issues that you aren't parroting from someone else".
I'm always interested in self betterment.
see, I only have this thread to really base one upon you. at first I thought you were clueless. then I realized you just refuse to hear an answer you don't like.

For this new truck of yours:
have you taken your front suspension apart? I have
Have you taken your motor down to the heads? I have
what about the rear axle? again, been there
the interior? yep, you guessed it

feel free to get your facts and your story straight next time. I only followed the example you set bud.
Addressing the HUGE mystery:
I've only had the F-150 since last Tuesday! And I didn't know that the hubs failed in the good direction and stated that at least twice since being educated by MercedesTech. My concern was with my previous, extensive experience with Ford auto hubs. The same experience that at least FOUR others have agreed with in this thread alone.

So, the answer to your REALLY STUPID question, the 1996 Ranger that I just sold had a hub failure on the way back from my fishing hole in 2000! And I've replaced the auto hubs on four other Fords since then.
good for you, wonder what went wrong. I never had a problem with my Auto hubs in the 93, 94, 98 F-150. Even with lift kit and 35" tires they were more than sufficient for crawling through the woods in Washington state

btw, you made it seem that your current F-150 had the hub failure...and you ignored that first question.

But this is the best line in the whole thread! You know so little about mechanics, yet you have 2700 posts, that you've literally glued yourself to Ford's sphincter! You own a supercharger, what the hell would you call that if not re-engineering? What about an 8" lift? Xenon lights? Ford didn't put a hard tonneau cover on the thing either but I can buy one! And 24" rims. We can even put an Eaton E-Locker in the front and back! Those idiots at Eaton messing with things they don't understand. And AutoSpring, you can't put a spacer over the springs!
so sayeth the man who builds up the Bronco II to go wheeling

For your info, I've had a 78, 84, 89, 93, 94, 94, 98, 06 F series...and before that, I was/still am a die hard chevy fan (of the 67-71 C-10 Shortbed persuasion).

Once upon a time, there was even a 88 Bronco II in the driveway with the V-6...learned to drive a stick with that thing in 4x4lo...what a glorious POS it was.

I'm not mechanically clueless, and I know my way around a vehicle. I've already had this current 5.4 tore apart and put back together without issue.

It's actually easy...you know, lefty loosy, righty tighty...I should write a book.

I'm not some little Ford youngling who runs around bragging about building this, or doing that....but it seems to be a vital thing for you
THIS is the real crux of the issue. You and Atom didn't want to re-engineer anything. No problem, no one asked you to. BUT you didn't know when to BUTT-OUT when it went over your head and outside Atom's interests.
That is funny. You asked a question. I responded with info pertaining to the subject. You got defensive and starting slingin' slurs.

I actually have contacted Warn and BW about this exact topic. They told me the hubs wouldn't be under production. Didn't pull anything out of my ***.

Have you done so? Feel free to contact them yourself. I'd be interested to hear their answer.
Either way, I'm done with this thread. This is WAY too much drama. So feel free to get the last word since I know you couldn't possibly resist doing so.
please don't go, it's just now getting fun. You don't just start something, and then run away with your tail between your legs...especially when you sling bull****. don't throw it if you don't want it back at you

since you are so sensitive about this, I'm gonna have fun with ya. You are so thin-skinned and quick to name calling, that it's actually fun.

Last edited by Tylus; 12-24-2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: spelling...it's always about the spelling
Old 12-24-2008 | 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by ATOM
i'm sure tylus and i haven't let anything go over are heads. some noob is rambling on and on and on about something they don't make and probably never will. end of discussion. merry xmas all. :santa:
back at ya man

I've been having a good laugh for 3-4 hours now. Wonder what he'll do when he finds out that the F-150 only gets 12-13 mpg city...think he'll try to engineer a working HHO kit?

Old 12-24-2008 | 11:31 PM

@ arrabil

in all seriousness, I sorry to have offended/pissed you off. But you really need to take a deep breath and calm down. It's Christmas Eve and you are ranting/raving over a stupid trivial issue.

you got your feelings hurt and I wasn't aware you couldn't handle it. time will heal all. I'm sure we'll run into each other again sometime after the New Year.

Old 12-27-2008 | 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by i.ride.suzuki
I hate you.

I know little man, now your gettin it !!

Anyways, care to comment on the rest of the post ? If not, I'll take that as a compliment. Happy holidays to you and yours.

Quick Reply: Manual hubs upgrade?