2004 - 2008 F-150

Painted my fogs

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2009 | 12:42 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by ride_002000
Hey, I painted my fog lights last night and took some pics today for ya. My original plan was to paint the top, bottom and some of the sides. Pretty much how everyone else was doing it, then I wanted it darker so I had some VHT night shades left over and I started to tint the side chrome ribs that is in it, but the paint didnt stick and looked horrible so I had to salvage it some how. So I painted the entire inside with the satin black Krylon Fusion and I really like how it turned out. I know that the amount of light emitted is virtually gone but I dont care, I like how it looks. Heres some pics.

sounds like you VHT night shaded the lens, and painted the casing black to me...so you just ran black paint inside the casing (reflector area) and nothing else?

Last edited by Tylus; 01-13-2009 at 12:46 AM.
Old 01-13-2009 | 08:26 AM
|
Yea, just black on the casing. My first intentions were to do the solid black on the sides and the top (like everyone else has been doing) but then wanted to tint the other chrome part (on the inside) but f*cked it up and the paint wouldnt stick. So I just painted the whole thing. Nothing to the lens

Old 01-13-2009 | 11:07 AM
I think it looks sick im probably going to do that to mine, i never use them anyways

Quick Reply: Painted my fogs