2004 - 2008 F-150

About to order a gryphon.. have a couple of quick Q's!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2009 | 05:23 PM
|
About to order a gryphon.. have a couple of quick Q's!

Hey guys I just have 2 questions. I plan on ordering 3 custom tunes soon but I have a dilemma. I plan on switching my 3.55 gears to 4.10 gears, as well as to wider tires with smaller side wall.

Should I including this in my custom tunes even though those two mods probably wont be changed before I receive my tunes?

Are the custom tunes still user changeable? Meaning - I can switch up my tire size and gear ratio even though they have been custom made by PHP?

Old 01-15-2009 | 05:23 PM
|
Whoops question number 3.... How can I find my HEX code?

Old 01-15-2009 | 05:39 PM
Global Moderator &
Yes, you can adjust the gears and tire size even on the custom tunes. Another option is to run the canned tunes until you get the gear if it's going to be soon, and then get the custom tunes. Just depends on how long before you get the gears. The thing is, you probably won't be changing programs often enough for it to be a hassel to enter the gears and tiers each time.

The best way to get the HEX code is to get the Gryphon, install it and let it read your HEX code when you plug it in and before you order the custom tunes. Also, it is supposed to be on the black box located down by the kick panel on the passenger side.

Old 01-15-2009 | 05:52 PM
Global Moderator &
Ray, just so you know, you can change any setting on the custom tune that you can change on the canned tune. For instance, you can adjust shift pressur and you can adjust timing. You're just not going to need to nor want to. Bill will have those right were you will like them.

Old 01-15-2009 | 05:52 PM
Wouldn't it be better to wait and have Bill do everything at once? I thought if you tinker with the custom tunes PHP won't accept responsibility if something bad happens?

I thought that's what I heard but I could be wrong.

Old 01-15-2009 | 06:07 PM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by dexx00420
Wouldn't it be better to wait and have Bill do everything at once? I thought if you tinker with the custom tunes PHP won't accept responsibility if something bad happens?

I thought that's what I heard but I could be wrong.
Changing gears and tires is not considered tinkering, I don't think. People change those all the time after getting custom tunes.

Old 01-15-2009 | 06:18 PM
Good to know........I've always worried about that.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: About to order a gryphon.. have a couple of quick Q's!