2004 - 2008 F-150

remote start?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009 | 11:40 AM
|
remote start?

I just bought my truck a few months ago its a 2004 f150 lariat screw and i noticed a red warning sticker on the raidator cowl stating that it was equiped with a dei remote start. When i bought the truck i never got a remote for this so i was wondering if there were any way to tell if there actually is a remote start system in my truck. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 02-15-2009 | 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by sjl4141
I just bought my truck a few months ago its a 2004 f150 lariat screw and i noticed a red warning sticker on the raidator cowl stating that it was equiped with a dei remote start. When i bought the truck i never got a remote for this so i was wondering if there were any way to tell if there actually is a remote start system in my truck. Any help would be appreciated.
There out to be some sort of sensor mounted on the inside of the hood like a white/clear thing, and possibly a Module inside the engine compartment mounted against the wall near the top on the right side. Also there might be a blinking light inside the truck, it may not blink but there might be a little light there, he may of had the remote start part removed and put on another automobile and just not removed the sticker. If you want me to, I can go outside and snap a few pictures of the parts on mine. Oh yeah there also may be an extra connection running to the battery.

Old 02-15-2009 | 07:39 PM
my truck has a blinking red light that is very bright up by the gauge cluster near the windshield..... though this was stock, if not i want my remote starter key fob!

Old 02-15-2009 | 08:10 PM
You can also look for a windshield antenna and a box mounted under the dash, probably zip tied.

Old 02-15-2009 | 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by shorse
my truck has a blinking red light that is very bright up by the gauge cluster near the windshield..... though this was stock, if not i want my remote starter key fob!
that's just the stock "anti-theft" warning light, doesn't really do anything.

To the original poster, look for the brain unit with a bunch of wires coming out of it underneath the driver's side dash. If you can find the model number on it, then you should be able to get a remote key fob and try to program it.

Old 02-15-2009 | 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
that's just the stock "anti-theft" warning light, doesn't really do anything.

To the original poster, look for the brain unit with a bunch of wires coming out of it underneath the driver's side dash. If you can find the model number on it, then you should be able to get a remote key fob and try to program it.
Yep, nothing except to show your truck is still alive and you have some voltage left in the battery.

Quick Reply: remote start?