2004 - 2008 F-150

Code Alarm SRT-9000 Installed on my 2005..Thanks Travis @ KC AutoSound!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009 | 10:14 AM
|
Code Alarm SRT-9000 Installed on my 2005..Thanks Travis @ KC AutoSound!!

I've had the alarm up and running about a week now, but have been outta town a lot and just got a chance to make a quick thread and to publically thank Travis for all his help.

My truck stays parked in the garage at all times when I'm at home, but I live in hotels and out of suitcases about 4-5 months out of the year and with new Nav unit and other toys in the truck, I wanted an alarm that was worth its price and would easily alert me remotely if something was wrong.

I looked over KCAutoSounds's site extensively and emailed him a few times asking about various options and things I may want to do. After a few emails and some more research, I decided on the SRT-9000 model. It has the full color screen remote, longer range antenna, and the remote is USB rechargeable, no more need for batteries

I got the alarm in a very timely manner and was provided the full color wiring diagram / instructions and went to work. Unfortunately there were a few problems with the "key fooler" / "transponder key" that was given to me. No fault of anyones but the manufacturer on that one. I contacted Travis and he quickly sent me out a good working version of one and everything was fixed.

Not only was Travis quick to answer questions via phone, he made sure I stayed satisfied by rectifying my few small problems very quickly. I'm sure he got tired of seeing my phone# on his phone, but I appreciate everything and am very happy with the performance of the alarm and how well it is working thus far.

Thanks again Travis!

Old 03-12-2009 | 10:25 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Sweet

You will really enjoy that alarm. I have had mine on for a year now and love it. I have had zero issues with it, and I to ordered from Travis and installed it myself. I don't know if you ordered the beefed up PATs bypass antenna that Travis makes but if not get that instead if you are having problems with the remote start. I started out with a different brand and had nothing but troubles so I ordered that one from Travis and it worked the first time around.

Old 03-12-2009 | 10:34 AM
How much for the alarm? How much to install?

Old 03-12-2009 | 10:43 AM
|
Originally Posted by pylda
How much for the alarm? How much to install?
If you go look at the site, you will see the alarm is $365 and then an additional $25 for him to prewire it for you. You will also needs the PATS bypass for $45 as well.

http://www.kcautosound.com/Code-Alar...En-pr-592.html

With paying the $25 for him to prewire it before mailing it to you, it pretty much eliminates the need to have anyone else install it. It went just fine installing it myself.

Old 03-12-2009 | 10:53 AM

yep with the pre wire its really easy. I even had him leave a few accessory wires in tact so I could wire in my tailgate to automatically drop.

Old 03-12-2009 | 11:15 AM
So you are telling me that even if I have no prior alarm experience, with the prewire, I should be able to get it installed on my own?

Old 03-12-2009 | 11:25 AM

ya he gives you step by step instructions tells you were to locate the wires and what colors they are. Don't be afraid to do this one, it will take you about 3 to 4 hours without any prior experience.

Old 03-12-2009 | 11:36 AM
|
I've done hundreds of complicated stereo installs before, but this was my first alarm install. Everything is clearly instructed and has all the info right there on the instructions. He makes it very easy for you.

Old 03-12-2009 | 11:50 AM
Well...I am just about convinced. Travis...any kind of discounts for F150online members?

Old 03-12-2009 | 12:13 PM

contact him via kcautosounds.com call in and see what he can do

Old 03-17-2009 | 02:49 PM
Is he actually answering again? He seemed to have taken a break for awhile. I posted on his site, sent email, and got no responses over my alarm issue.

A thread a few weeks back basically said other were having trouble with him too...

edit
I found the thread and it does look like he is back... I will try again.. since I am still having issues with my alarm.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...-buisness.html

Last edited by Relamancer; 03-17-2009 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-17-2009 | 02:53 PM

I have always called him and he has always answered.

Old 03-17-2009 | 03:55 PM
|
Originally Posted by 05_sprcrw
I have always called him and he has always answered.
I found the same to be true. Emails sometimes he answers real quick, but he is always quick to answer the phone and if he doesn't answer, I always got a return phone call pretty quick.

Old 03-24-2009 | 01:54 AM
It seems that a lot of people think Travis just sells on the internet and that's it. Quite a bit more to him and his business. I've met him personally and he worked on a buddy of mines truck that we drove down from St. Louis so that he could install a full stereo system as well as power windows and remote start alarm. He drives all over Kansas City and installs for over 30+ dealerships. He also installs on-site for retail customers all day as well. His installation schedule runs from about 8am till 8pm or later sometimes Monday through Sunday. Then he gets home to spend what little time is left with his wife and 3yr old boy before they hit the bed and he gets to stay up till about 2am or later to work on our emails, alarm wiring and whatever else us customers demand of him. He's a working machine.

I talk to him quite a bit on the phone and he simply sounds wore out a lot of times. I can understand why he kind of falls off a bit and there has been a few times on the forums that he acknowledges it and apologizes for it. Just trying to stand up for the guy. He offers a pretty unique service for the do it yourselfer. Most people only know him for his alarms but if you purchase any other type of equipment from him he will tell you how to install it as well as share his 18 years of experience with you to guide you through your purchase or questions.

Old 03-24-2009 | 09:29 AM
My wife got the SRT 5500 for me for Christmas, I've been having some issues with the truck chirping, but not starting, or not unlocking. I should have a new units coming to swap out the box here shortly. I wish she had gotten me the 9000. Oh well...

Quick Reply: Code Alarm SRT-9000 Installed on my 2005..Thanks Travis @ KC AutoSound!!