Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009 | 06:12 PM
damn that things huge!
nice pics man, real good lookin truck you got

im still not a huge fan of your rims, but they could be worse

Old 07-05-2009 | 06:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Truck of the Month
Looks wicked, I admire it very much. Not many trucks look good with the RBP grill, and the 40s look very aggressive, great job, hard work paid off

Old 07-05-2009 | 06:49 PM
|
Isn't a lifted truck supposed to look off road?

Your truck looks pretty cool, but that made no sense to me.
yes, see thats the difference. most of the people that try and attemp to build a truck dont actually take a step back and look at what they need to do, they see all the after market cool things bolt them on and say woo! its big its shiney im done.

now i think the N-fab steps are cool and all, they are in no way shape or form good for my truck at all. they are not clean for one, they look like a bolt on. two they are tubular, tubular steps scream off road, my truck looks clean and big, not off road. the tube steps ruin the look in my opinion 100% but thats just me.

im going to be painting a good portion of the suspension stuff this week, so play around with ti see what i like before i get stuff powder coated later on this year, expect alot more pictures the end of next week!

thanks for all the comliments!

Old 07-05-2009 | 07:38 PM
I think it looks great, keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing the future progress on your truck, seems like you have a plan and know which direction you want to go.

Old 07-05-2009 | 07:44 PM
I couldnt agree with you more eff, not every lifted truck has to have off road looks. I think its good that you think about what you need and dont just buy the first thing you see, your truck looks really good to me. I get angered when people tell me to put a brush guard on my truck so it matches my "off road theme" wtf are people looking at???? i havent ever had a speck of mud on my truck and its never been off road...where does the off road look come from

Old 07-05-2009 | 07:50 PM
looks F'n NaSTY!! i love it!

Old 07-05-2009 | 08:01 PM
I will say, I really do have to give you credit. You personalized your truck and made it very unique. I enjoy seeing that because it shows that now everyone has to make cookie-cutter trucks. Would I put aggressive 40's on my truck? No, it's not my style, but it is neat to see someone that has and is not afraid to try something different. I feel that people try to classify trucks too often. Now like BJP said, he does not take his truck off road and gets called an off-road truck. I can understand why people would say that, but it's not accurate. Kudos for your truck man, it's one truck I would not get in the way of. Btw, nice pics and looks well kept!

John

Old 07-05-2009 | 08:36 PM
BIG and CLEAN, I like it. Not a real fan of that grill but to each his own.

Old 07-05-2009 | 08:48 PM
Drdudsads

Last edited by Drdudsads; 06-22-2011 at 12:38 AM.
Old 07-05-2009 | 08:51 PM
|
thanks alot guys i appreciate it that some of you understand my purpose behind doing what im doing to the truck!

Old 07-05-2009 | 08:59 PM
Looks nice. Looks like it rubs like hades on any bumps and tight turns though. But damn it does look nice!

Old 07-05-2009 | 09:00 PM
|
im not on no high horse bud, to be honest i know probably more about suspension than 90% of the people on here. First off most of the guys on here cant even install a simple lift kit or a body lift and they are posting in threads telling people there going to mess up there truck running big tires when they dont even know how to turn a wrench.
thats my outtake on these forums, if you can see i dont post in many threads on here saying anything negative to people but when i post my own threads i plan to defend my truck in any way shape or form against anyone on here that says something about it, it may seem like im being a little ****y but thats just the way i am.

Im getting camburg uppers, and no need to beef up the suspension when i ripping it all off in a couple months to airbag the truck. i dont want to off road. i dont see the point in flinging mud everywhere or saying hey lets go climb that rock. it doesnt do anything for me at all. So im not looking to beef it up so i can wheel with it. i dont want to. the truck is a show truck, i go to shows every weekend, clean it close to everyday it never sees mud and never will.

Old 07-05-2009 | 09:01 PM
|
it doesnt rub at all durning normal driving, just up steep driveways. my 37's on 6" of lift rubbed WAY worse!

Old 07-05-2009 | 09:03 PM
I agree with what has already been said. You have a vision of what you want your truck to look like. I think that is super. As for whether other like or dislike, that is what makes this site so neat, each and every truck is special to its owner. You drive it, so you are the only one that has to love it. We all get ideas from seeing someone else's idea of what a great truck looks like. We also see things that we don't think would work for us.
I think your truck looks really great, but I am very happy with my stock '04.

Old 07-05-2009 | 09:08 PM
obviously not really my taste but i'm surprised how good it does look. I thought 40's would look way overstuffed and just plain stupid but they really don't. I like the new rims too. Simple but nice.

Quick Reply: Better Pictures of the Truck