2004 - 2008 F-150

Better Pictures of the Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009 | 09:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
im not on no high horse bud, to be honest i know probably more about suspension than 90% of the people on here. First off most of the guys on here cant even install a simple lift kit or a body lift and they are posting in threads telling people there going to mess up there truck running big tires when they dont even know how to turn a wrench.
thats my outtake on these forums, if you can see i dont post in many threads on here saying anything negative to people but when i post my own threads i plan to defend my truck in any way shape or form against anyone on here that says something about it, it may seem like im being a little ****y but thats just the way i am.
Theres no problem with that man, just know that when you post a "new pictures" thread every 3 days you are going to get lots of opinions.

Old 07-05-2009 | 09:37 PM
Looks great as always Matt.

Old 07-05-2009 | 10:45 PM
Looks good!!! Park it next to a stock F150 and take a few pics for a comparison...

Old 07-05-2009 | 10:49 PM
Drdudsads

Last edited by Drdudsads; 06-22-2011 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-05-2009 | 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Racer
I know how to work on MY TRUCk, I do all my crap my side. i know a thing or two about suspension and designing. So looks like I am in that other 10% range and KNOW how to wrench on my truck. I also like to prove others wrong like having 35's on my F1 that is 2wd. So again congrats on making your truck come they way you want it. Just the way you come off it seems like your crap doesn't stink. It is ok to take in others suggestion and what not. But for you to say screw all the haters and thank you to all my fans. Which it is what you are doing. Just loosen up a bit mang and dont be so defensive. As in the end they dont pay your bills or there name is not on the title. I like what you are doing, yet even with upper control arms and getting rid of that upper uniball I would looking at getting a beefier spindle for the bearings sake. Sure they may or may not go, but to me just for piece of mind. As I know if some knuckle heads dream came crashing into me at a light and I could see that things were not meant to be than I would gladly help them out of there vehicle and say they fell out. Just 40's on a stock IFS 1/2 ton and driving it just done the store or across town will eventually give out as it wasn't meant to happen. Yeah I know I am sounding like a hypocrite yet just that is a huge tire x4 on sotkc trans and axle and front end. Yet it is your truck and I am just trying to give suggestions and help you out. Take it or leave it either way I am still sleeping good tonight where the keep the light on all night!

Have you been drinking? I could make out about 2 of those sentences.

I think it looks cool. Not my cup of tea, but 95% of the trucks on this site aren't. That's why my truck is my truck. Your truck is your truck. And his truck is his truck.

OP grow some thicker skin. There's always going to be haters.

Old 07-06-2009 | 01:04 AM
Truck of the Month
Looks great Matt! I love the look of big rims paired with big tires

Old 07-06-2009 | 01:12 AM
|
i have yet to say anything to anyone in this thread about anything negative being said about the truck, every post that i have made with a negative sound to it has been towards things people have said in prior threads about running this big of a tire. There has been no negativity towards anyone posting in this thread that hasnt liked the truck, yet for some reason people think by my first post i mean dont say anything negative. like i said before i dont care if you dont like the truck it doesnt bother me at all. I can take it haha, my whole argument is people that say its dumb to run 40's its going to tear your truck apart! yet not a single one of them has run anything near a 40.

This is my outlook, people on here have 37's on 20's and beat the **** out of there trucks and drive day in and day out with no issues. these tires weigh 20lbs more than my 37's did, and my truck never ever is beat on or anything like that, so i dont see the truck falling apart on me anytime soon. It may happen, just not at the rate people think it will.

now i have said my peace haha.

Old 07-06-2009 | 02:53 AM
Awesome look! When my 38s wear out I'll step it up to 40s or maybe 42s..

Old 07-06-2009 | 08:07 AM
Truck Looks sweet bro, i like the big wheels and tires!! that grill is pretty sick too

Old 07-06-2009 | 08:40 AM
nice!

maybe i need to check for a shop overhere who sales 40's...

running 4.88 Gears ?

Old 07-06-2009 | 09:13 AM
Looks cool, but yet at the same time I cant help but think donk whenever I see it.

You're truck though, and you like it, so it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks.

Last edited by LonestarROB; 07-06-2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old 07-06-2009 | 10:21 AM
Not my speed but it looks good and clean 2.

Old 07-06-2009 | 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
i have yet to say anything to anyone in this thread about anything negative being said about the truck, every post that i have made with a negative sound to it has been towards things people have said in prior threads about running this big of a tire. There has been no negativity towards anyone posting in this thread that hasnt liked the truck, yet for some reason people think by my first post i mean dont say anything negative. like i said before i dont care if you dont like the truck it doesnt bother me at all. I can take it haha, my whole argument is people that say its dumb to run 40's its going to tear your truck apart! yet not a single one of them has run anything near a 40.

This is my outlook, people on here have 37's on 20's and beat the **** out of there trucks and drive day in and day out with no issues. these tires weigh 20lbs more than my 37's did, and my truck never ever is beat on or anything like that, so i dont see the truck falling apart on me anytime soon. It may happen, just not at the rate people think it will.

now i have said my peace haha.
The way you drive your truck won't cause premature wear, but if you were to take it off road then stuff would start going downhill.

Old 07-06-2009 | 12:34 PM
|
thats what i mean dude haha.

and if thats what you think of when you see it thats fine, your narrowing your point of view of cars and trucks imensly if you think anything with a wheel bigger than a 20 looks like a donk haha.

Old 07-06-2009 | 12:40 PM
Freakin awesome. Can't wait to see it with the bags on it

Quick Reply: Better Pictures of the Truck