2004 - 2008 F-150

Optima Battery

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009 | 08:51 PM
|
how bout motorcaft? lol

Old 07-10-2009 | 11:26 PM
I've been buying batteries for 50 years............
worked for AT&T cell sites for 30 years, we had over 300 sites with generators/batteries.................

Most people don't know it but 95% of the batteries made in the US are made by 3 or 4 companies.

Having said that, the OPTIMA I had previous to this one died after 24 months......after paying $150.00 for it.......AT&T stopped buying them.

INTERSTATE BATTERIES are the longest lasting, BEST service IMHO.....

Nothing but INTERSTATE for me forever!

Old 07-10-2009 | 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by yetti96
Are you rolling your truck on a regular basis? No need to buy into the Optima hype IMO. A regular battery does just fine for the 3-4 years they last here in South FL.
Did you ever think that maybe this design was great for people who dont mount batteries in the traditional location, or even right side up? Those situations are out there, whether you have expirienced them or not.

But thanks for the smarta$$ comment anyway.

Old 07-10-2009 | 11:31 PM
|
Originally Posted by bfdtpkt
I've been buying batteries for 50 years............
worked for AT&T cell sites for 30 years, we had over 300 sites with generators/batteries.................

Most people don't know it but 95% of the batteries made in the US are made by 3 or 4 companies.

Having said that, the OPTIMA I had previous to this one died after 24 months......after paying $150.00 for it.......AT&T stopped buying them.

INTERSTATE BATTERIES are the longest lasting, BEST service IMHO.....

Nothing but INTERSTATE for me forever!
i was just at autozone looking at the optimas, and the guy there told me interstate batteries were trash

Old 07-10-2009 | 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by jalichoacan
i was just at autozone looking at the optimas, and the guy there told me interstate batteries were trash
Of course he would. They dont sell them and he would make a commision off of that Optima.

Old 07-10-2009 | 11:55 PM
|
yea i knew that right away.. but i heard before, that they sucked.. but if you guys say theyre good.. then theyre good lol

Old 07-11-2009 | 12:58 AM
yea i knew that right away.. but i heard before, that they sucked.. but if you guys say theyre good.. then theyre good lol

I think SOUTH FLORIDA is a pretty harsh environment for batteries between the moisture, heat and humidity under the hood of a vehicle in 95* weather most of the time.
INTERSTATE for me is just a personal experience and I've gotten very good service out of them, so like everybody else, you stick with what works.

Old 07-11-2009 | 02:01 AM
i will seconed a optima red or yellow for wheelin

Old 07-11-2009 | 02:25 AM
Mine went through 4 OEM batteries in two years (pre lights mind you). I couldn't let it sit for more than 24 hours without it running dead. Ford house could find no fault in the truck other than the battery (3 trips to the shop). Finnaly bought a optima yellow top since I was about to add the lights. It's 2 1/2 years old now and has never needed a jump start. I'm highly impressed. One look at my sig will tell you what kind of a beating I put the alt and battery through.

Was also no less impressed with the three blue tops that I had in my boat before I sold it. I could let it sit all winter and hit the key in the spring a fire it right up.

I have never been impressed at all with interstate. They may have ramped up thier quality. I haven't had one in a while.

Old 07-11-2009 | 02:46 AM
Originally Posted by 2k7screw
Check out Odyssey Batteries.I love mine:thumbsuphttp://www.odysseybattery.com
I am a fan of the Odyssey batteries: Odyssey Homepage. Cool, rugged design and has a 3-10 year service life. To be honest, probably overkill for most passenger car applications but that's one of the reasons I love it! Sears now OEMs them under the Platinum label and man, they are NOT cheap: Sears Diehard Plantinum

I want a reason to buy one of these but my MC is still running strong!

Old 07-11-2009 | 04:10 AM
Originally Posted by StoveTop
I am a fan of the Odyssey batteries: Odyssey Homepage. Cool, rugged design and has a 3-10 year service life. To be honest, probably overkill for most passenger car applications but that's one of the reasons I love it! Sears now OEMs them under the Platinum label and man, they are NOT cheap: Sears Diehard Plantinum

I want a reason to buy one of these but my MC is still running strong!
Have you ever had your battery load tested, ST? If you did, you might be buying that Platinum sooner than you think. 12V batteries don't often give a warning that they're going to fail, like a 6V commonly did. I have never had a 12V fail that gave me any warning at all. That's why I started load testing the batteries in all my vehicles about every 2-3 mo..
You can see it going down hill that way, that you'll likely never see from using starting as a criteria. You go to lunch 1 day and it starts great. You come back out to go back to work and it goes click, click. It didn't likely fail at that moment, it was likely failing for a long time (declining), but from starting you'd never know it. Just food for thought.

Old 07-11-2009 | 09:15 AM
jalichoacan - DANG!!! That is one clean engine bay. Looks nice.

Old 07-11-2009 | 10:49 AM
Yellow Top Optima, FTW!

Old 07-11-2009 | 10:51 AM
115 today lol
but im actually moving to alabama next weekso heat wont be a problem.. i like

Haha, you wish!. Not only is it HOT, it's HUMID! Instead of 115 and like low humidity, it's 105 and high humidity. It's like walking through sludge.

Old 07-11-2009 | 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by GTRider245
Did you ever think that maybe this design was great for people who dont mount batteries in the traditional location, or even right side up? Those situations are out there, whether you have expirienced them or not.

But thanks for the smarta$$ comment anyway.
I guess I was speaking for the 99.9% of people who do not mount the battery in an odd place, nor do they ever put it in a position where over twice the price is justified. Not being a "smarta$$" as you put it, but rather a realist who doesn't like spending more money than necessary to run all of my accessories.

Quick Reply: Optima Battery