2004 - 2008 F-150

i hate stereotypes

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009 | 12:12 PM

I totally know what ur talkin bout, just ina different context. I have a 64 impala thats my real pride n joy, n peoplr say its a "wannabe lowrider" because i dont have hydraulics n i wanna keep it that way..to each their own tho, if u dont wanna offroad ur ish does that make ur ride any less of a truck?

Like kumar says "just cuz im hung like a moose that doesnt mean i gotta do ****" lol

Old 09-24-2009 | 04:10 PM
No it doens't make it any less of a truck, not many people want to offroad in something that cost them $30-40k. Repairing those rigs, as we all know, is not cheap. And with mods costing as much as they do it makes it even more costly, so no their trucks arent any less of a truck because they don't go mudding.

Old 09-24-2009 | 08:14 PM
|
Originally Posted by 4wDakota
Mud riding is not offroading

I've had a built up 4x4 since I learned to drive and everyone who sees it tells me "that thing must eat it up in the mud" I hate mud riding, its just a good way to tear up your vehicle. Everyone that sees my truck goes straight to the stereotype that I go muuuuuud ridin.

I'd rather break a CV joint on the rocks or bust a u joint than have mud in all the electrical components and in every crack and creviss of my truck. Everyone that I know who mud rides on a regular basis has nothing but problems with their electrical system, all of their bushings and joints squeek and every time they have to work on their truck they have to deal with caked on mud and rusted bolts. But here in Louisiana that is what people do to "offroad" since there is no mountains or trails, just muddy cane fields. I prefer to ride out to Moab, Colorado, Superlift's ORV park in Arkansas, Katemcy rocks, etc and do "real" offroading. Something more challenging than driving through a mud puddle with the throttle to the floor. But to each his own.
when did i say that all i do is mud run. which by the way is more complicated than hitting the throttle and hoping for the best. i have to make decisions in steering in a split second or guess what, i've lost all my momentum and am now stuck. there are different ruts to hit just right to make it in these mud bogs.
i also go down fairly steep trails that are all pretty much locally known, crooked bridge, 18 mile dirt road, popes ferry are all some of the places like this. in most of these trails there are a few big mud holes that you can avoid if you like but i just decide to keep going through them to add to the challege.

i've also had no electrical problems whatsoever with my truck. my undercarrage has no rust and is kept clean when i am not in the mud. oh and no squeeks either....... except in my driver window when i stupidly rolled it down caked in fresh mud. oh well it'll stop eventually.

if you wanna rock crawl get a jeep not a big A truck.....

Old 09-24-2009 | 09:07 PM
Don't sweat it man, I get the same thing with 2.5" of lift and 33" M/T's. I take my truck off road every weekend up in the mountains, Something they will never know about because they are restricted to the pavement

Old 09-24-2009 | 09:45 PM
Truck of the Month
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming...
Damn, What a ride!!"

And to think, this fuss is all over just a truck.

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I don't have the same pretenses. A nice truck is great to have on those first dates and when it comes time to sell it's more important than ever. Nobody wants to buy a rusted truck.

Having fun is a double edged sword. But don't knock the practice of it.

Quick Reply: i hate stereotypes