2004 - 2008 F-150

i hate stereotypes

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009 | 08:54 PM
|
i hate stereotypes

just like it says, i hate stereotypes. well mostly just the one that all new lifted trucks are pavement queens. most of yall on the site have seen from one thread or another some pictures of my truck in some pretty sticky situations. well today me and my girlfriend got out of class early so went to Mcdonalds to eat breakfast and these two old men behind me started to talk about my truck, in a good way. talking about how much time and $ went into it but then one of them said. "sad it prolly never leaves the road though" and the other agreed. my girlfriend looked at me and we just started laughing. i just really hate when some one assumes something as stupid as that. i am a firm believer in if i put a lot of time into something then i am going to use it to it's potential.
But some chick stopped me in class later and talked about how much she liked it so i guess that made up for it ............ just my little rant

Old 09-22-2009 | 09:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Let people think what they will man. You know what happens and that's all that really matters. Unless you drive around all muddy all the time to show off that you go offroad. But then people will assume your showing of and are lame

Old 09-22-2009 | 09:05 PM
mine is a pavement princess for now...just waiting for a good *** rainfall

Old 09-22-2009 | 09:10 PM

how typical hahaha jk

Old 09-22-2009 | 09:21 PM
|
Originally Posted by thejake1989
Let people think what they will man. You know what happens and that's all that really matters. Unless you drive around all muddy all the time to show off that you go offroad. But then people will assume your showing of and are lame
haha actually i have driven around town one time when i could barely see out the windows or windsheild and just got a bunch of stares lol. but that was just because i hadn't had time to wash it yet...... but yeah i guess it doesn't matter what other people think my friends all really know how i use my truck and that's what matters i guess.

Old 09-22-2009 | 09:22 PM
Truck of the Month
I hate stereotypes too. Lowered trucks are for short people and I'm 6'2".

Old 09-22-2009 | 09:28 PM

Another one i hate and im gonna have to deal with soon is that people who lift 4x2's just do it for the looks. i use my leveled 4x2 just as much as i would a 4x4 but im just smart about it and know the limits.

i actually jumped it today. i was driving on a backroad that was being redone/ was all jacked up because they were doing construction on the road i normally use to get to class. well i was running behind because of my detour (btw they didnt put up signs either and had both lanes blocked off) and came to a cross street with no stop sign and was doing about 30, they had a sign that said dip and i slowed a little not thinking much about it and it turned out to be pretty big and lets just say it was pretty fun but im not gonna do it again

Old 09-22-2009 | 09:41 PM
i hate stereotypes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just like it says, i hate stereotypes. well mostly just the one that all new lifted trucks are pavement queens. most of yall on the site have seen from one thread or another some pictures of my truck in some pretty sticky situations. well today me and my girlfriend got out of class early so went to Mcdonalds to eat breakfast and these two old men behind me started to talk about my truck, in a good way. talking about how much time and $ went into it but then one of them said. "sad it prolly never leaves the road though" and the other agreed. my girlfriend looked at me and we just started laughing. i just really hate when some one assumes something as stupid as that. i am a firm believer in if i put a lot of time into something then i am going to use it to it's potential.
But some chick stopped me in class later and talked about how much she liked it so i guess that made up for it ............ just my little rant
That's why I pretty much smile and ignore folks. Who knows who and what they're really all about (generally speaking that is).

Last edited by johnnyd2723; 09-22-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-22-2009 | 09:47 PM
|
Originally Posted by johnnyd2723
That's why I pretty much smile and ignore folks. Who knows who and what they're really all about (generally speaking that is).
yeah i try to do the same..... ha but it's ok i guess it's the cost of having a lifted truck. i'd say the rewards outweight the stereotyping though. just about every time i go through a drive thru the people in the window say a compliment about my truck. etc. ha i've had compliments from questionable people in some ghetto gas stations to little kids taking their picture beside it.

Old 09-22-2009 | 09:52 PM
[QUOTE=dilloncawthon;3895962]yeah i try to do the same..... ha but it's ok i guess it's the cost of having a lifted truck. i'd say the rewards outweight the stereotyping though. just about every time i go through a drive thru the people in the window say a compliment about my truck. etc. ha i've had compliments from questionable people in some ghetto gas stations to little kids taking their picture beside it.[QUOTE]

Naturally, your truck is dad azz

Old 09-22-2009 | 10:28 PM
|
[QUOTE=johnnyd2723;3895969][QUOTE=dilloncawthon;3895962]yeah i try to do the same..... ha but it's ok i guess it's the cost of having a lifted truck. i'd say the rewards outweight the stereotyping though. just about every time i go through a drive thru the people in the window say a compliment about my truck. etc. ha i've had compliments from questionable people in some ghetto gas stations to little kids taking their picture beside it.

Naturally, your truck is dad azz
ha dad azz, thanks man

Old 09-22-2009 | 10:38 PM
haha dad, bad, somethin' like that

Old 09-22-2009 | 11:00 PM
|
Originally Posted by johnnyd2723
haha dad, bad, somethin' like that
eh patAtoe, patatoe. lol

Old 09-22-2009 | 11:17 PM

Mathematically they went with the safe bet. Statistically 95% of 4WD vehicles are never put in 4x4. 3% of them are put in 4x4 once a year. That makes you part of the 2% who use 4x4 regularly. I had heard these numbers about ten years ago, but I suppose the point still applies today.

Old 09-22-2009 | 11:53 PM
|
Originally Posted by greencrew
Mathematically they went with the safe bet. Statistically 95% of 4WD vehicles are never put in 4x4. 3% of them are put in 4x4 once a year. That makes you part of the 2% who use 4x4 regularly. I had heard these numbers about ten years ago, but I suppose the point still applies today.
that statistic must have been done from somewhere like new york city lol. All of my friends that own a 4wd use it fairly frequently except for the like 2 or 3 of my friends that own jacked up street queens.

Quick Reply: i hate stereotypes