2004 - 2008 F-150

Finally! New Rims and 35's

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010 | 09:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by rlevi007
After about 9 months of looking I finally found some rims that I love. I went with 20x9 Incubus Krawlers with -12 offset (about 4.53" backspacing). Tires are 285/65/20 BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO. I used a 2.5" leveling kit from Daystar for the front and 3" block kit from Truxxx for the back. I did have to do quite a bit of trimming and have no rubbing yet on smooth surfaces. We'll see what happens when I get into some rougher stuff.

Here are some pics (I know its dirty, giving it a bath today):

Looks great. Is there a chance you could measure the actual height of the tire as it is on the truck? I know what the spec sheet says, Im just wondering what the real world height is.

Old 01-15-2010 | 09:50 PM
|
Originally Posted by JJDH
Looks great. Is there a chance you could measure the actual height of the tire as it is on the truck? I know what the spec sheet says, Im just wondering what the real world height is.
Just went out and measured it. It is about 34 inches from pavement to the top of the tread. Maybe a little bit more in the center of the tire. That of course is with the weight of the truck compressing the tire a bit. I did not get a chance to measure before it came off of the lift to see what the uncompressed measurement was. Hope that helps man. Thanks for checkin it out.

Old 01-15-2010 | 09:55 PM
Really good looking truck

Old 01-15-2010 | 09:58 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by rlevi007
Just went out and measured it. It is about 34 inches from pavement to the top of the tread. Maybe a little bit more in the center of the tire. That of course is with the weight of the truck compressing the tire a bit. I did not get a chance to measure before it came off of the lift to see what the uncompressed measurement was. Hope that helps man. Thanks for checkin it out.
that is great, thanks. I was wondering the actual height as it sits, appreciate it. Gonna have to get me a set of those....

Old 01-15-2010 | 10:00 PM
|
Originally Posted by bjp207
Looks great, wish I could see the wheels around those white letters haha,
Originally Posted by c_ulater
Truck has a nice stance and the wheel tire combination is right on. But I think the white out makes it look cheap. Black out is a cleaner look.
Sorry dude, only one thumbs up.

Guys thanks for the constructive criticism. I guess I am a little old school when it comes to this but I just think white letters out looks classic and timeless. I might be in a minority but I can't help it =). Now if my truck was completely murdered out, it might be a different story but I like it like it is. But like I said, thanks for the opinions and it means alot that you guys like the setup overall.

One thumbs up is better than none at all. Thanks man.

Old 01-15-2010 | 10:03 PM
|
Originally Posted by JJDH
that is great, thanks. I was wondering the actual height as it sits, appreciate it. Gonna have to get me a set of those....
Yeah, dude. Go for it. They are totally worth it. Nothing like 'em IMO.

Quick Reply: Finally! New Rims and 35's