2004 - 2008 F-150

Highs, lows and fogs

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010 | 12:51 PM
|
Highs, lows and fogs

ok, i picked up a pair of Hella 6" offroad lights last night and going to be installing them behind my grille as soon as i get my truck back from the tint shop.

i have LOWS only HIDs. so no HIGH beams.

i want to run my offroad lights to my HIGH beams and be able to have my LOWS and HIGHS on when i turn my HIGHS on.

i already have the link to the LOW beam nad fog light mod.

question is how do i wire up the offroads to the HIGHs and still keep the LOWS and FOGs on at the same time.

get what im sayin?

Old 01-15-2010 | 01:25 PM
I do. i want to do the same thing. have no clue how, other then you would have to wiree the positive prong (the factory headlight plug) to both sides, low and high. therefore when you click the high's your lows would stay on. could you simply wire the offroads to the high side wire? idk. if that made any since...

Old 01-15-2010 | 01:29 PM
basically when you click to your high beam you want your lows to stay on and your offroads to kick on. right/

Old 01-15-2010 | 01:37 PM
What you are going to have to do is get a Brite Box. That allows having high beams and low beams on at the same time. Then you will have to get a relay. It just needs to be a simple relay. You will have one wire going from the high beam wire to the relay. One wire going from the battery to the relay. One wire from a ground to the relay. And 2 wires going from the relay to the lights.

Old 01-15-2010 | 01:46 PM
Or you could just wire the off road lights like the manufacturer suggests and flip the switch you install on the dash. Flipping the switch for brights is no different than pushing the stalk on the column forward and gets the same results.

Quick Reply: Highs, lows and fogs