2004 - 2008 F-150

To the dealer again for the 3rd time in 5 months

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010 | 08:40 PM
|
To the dealer again for the 3rd time in 5 months

I have done more research on the mysterious passenger side rain leak than I ever cared to do. Every time there is a heavy rain, my wiring channel on passenger side is full of water. Third time to the dealer tomorrow. The first time they changed the door check, ac drain, and the 3rd brake light. The second time they siliconed the wiring harness coming from the door. I have done some searching and testing myself and cannot recreate the leak. I sure hope they can fix it tomorrow. The carpet is starting to smell and my hands are beat up from feeling around in tiny spots. All the similar posts I have read all have the same problem, but no one posts what the solution was. I hate to post this again, but has the dealer fixed this similar problem for anyone else? I do have a leveling kit, could that have anything to do with it? Possibly something not draining properly?

Last edited by bamagrad00; 02-09-2010 at 08:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2010 | 10:40 PM
i had that problem, it was a leaking conduit thru the dash to the fuse box, toasted the fuse box too. my dealer found it first try, other possibilities are the windshield seal or the body seams

Old 02-19-2010 | 10:26 AM
|
Got it back yesterday. They said it was a gromet that was not properly seated. They changed the same gromet the first time it was in for the leak. Next time it rains we will see. Actually gonna take it through a touchless carwash and see what happens. If it leaks again, I don't think I will be taking it back to the dealer where I bought it. What is everyone's take on bringing it to a different dealership? There is a much bigger dealership about 30 mins away. I bought mine from a small mom and pop dealership.

Old 02-19-2010 | 10:48 AM
That is what I would do. If it is not fixed this time, take it to another dealer. Maybe a bigger dealer will have more experience with the issue. Good luck though, hopefully you won't have to worry about it.

Quick Reply: To the dealer again for the 3rd time in 5 months