2004 - 2008 F-150

The time has come!!! Rancho Lift Kit!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010 | 04:20 PM
|
The time has come!!! Rancho Lift Kit!!!

So it's finally time to take the plung.

It's a plus that right now the extreme deal is 500 bucks off!!

But going to be ordering my lift in the next week or two.

OK so just did some history hunting in old threads. Even found some of my first posts showing interest in the Rancho kit in 09. LOL

Anyway I saw some talk about using other blocks in the rear. Right now I have a 2.5 AS level up front and a AS 3 inch block in the rear.
If I do the Rancho with a 1 inch spacer and leave my 3 inch rear blocks as they are will it sit level?

Wanted to ask who's running the Skid plate? Also if you are Pic Please...
I'm on the fence if I should get it or not...

I have a PDF copy of the install looks pretty straight forward but any pointers from someone whos done it are welcomed!>

Next is I've seen some of you are running a spacer on top of the kit and/or taller blocks in the rear. Why? How's it ride with the extra spacer/block?

I'm running 325/60/20's on factory 20's. I'm keeping the stock wheels at least for a couple more years. One of the reason I'm going with a Rancho kit.

Should I right off the bat add say a one inch spacer up front?

Pretty much asking for your exsperiances and thought's....

Thanks!!

Here's a couple pics of the truck it will be going on. ( Sorry for the size can't edit it from where I am now )

And an idea of how I sometimes use it...

Last edited by Mr. eXtreme; 04-14-2010 at 05:21 PM. Reason: SEARCH
Old 04-14-2010 | 07:22 PM
That $500 rebate is pretty good...congrats on the purchase.

To answer your questions: I have the 3" AS block stacked on the OEM block. The rear was a hair (prob less than an inch) lower in the rear than the front after I added the 1" spacer on top of the Rancho. It was not visibly noticable but I put a level on the bed rail and the rear was only slightly lower. Remember, I have BakFlip tonno and BedRug so not sure if the added weight made that much of a difference. I decided to add a lift shackle which gave me an additional 1 1/8th" lift to rear and now I think it looks perfect.

As for the skid plate, there is ONE Rancho guy on here who has it, but not sure who it is...
It looks pretty good, but I really like the look of the Rancho crossmember.

Congrats and post pics of your install!

Old 04-14-2010 | 08:49 PM
congrats keep us posted

Old 04-14-2010 | 09:14 PM
I'm getting ready to order the Rancho kit as well so I'll definitely keep a watch on this thread. Where have you found the best deal at? The best I've found is surprisingly @ 4 Wheel Parts...... you can get it for less than $2000 right now and that includes the skid plate and RS9000XL shocks. $500 off that brings the grand total to $1500 which is a smokin' deal for the Rancho kit with all the options.

I plan to add the 1" Daystar spacer in the front as well but I'm worried about what'll happen to the rear. My thinking is that if the Rancho sits level then adding a 1" spacer to the front will require a taller lift block or a 1-1 1/2" lift shackle. That assumes it sits level after install. Can someone with a Rancho lift confirm that?

Also.... do different year models have different rear block sizes from the factory? I've always wondered that since it seems '04s, '05s, and '06s need a 2 1/2" leveling kit to sit level and '07s and '08s tend to need a 2" leveling kit to sit level.

Last edited by 08FX4; 04-14-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2010 | 09:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by 08FX4

Also.... do different year models have different rear block sizes from the factory? I've always wondered that since it seems '04s, '05s, and '06s need a 2 1/2" leveling kit to sit level and '07s and '08s tend to need a 2" leveling kit to sit level.
All factory 4wd blocks are 1-5/8" no matter what the year. the difference is in the leaf springs.

Old 04-14-2010 | 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
All factory 4wd blocks are 1-5/8" no matter what the year. the difference is in the leaf springs.
Good info. If that's the case then '04s, '05s, and '06s are actually taller than '07s and '08s, correct?

By the way..... not trying to hijack at all. I think this is useful information to this thread since we're on the topic of rear blocks.

Old 04-14-2010 | 09:46 PM

Here is a pic of my old 05 unmodified, look at how much rake it has.

Now here is my 07 the day I brought it home before I yanked the rear blocks.

After looking at both, they appear to have the same amount of rake, so maybe they are the same from 04-08

Old 04-14-2010 | 09:54 PM
Your '05 looks to be slightly higher in the rear than the '06. After more research I've found that some trucks had an extra leaf in the rear spring pack which accounts for the extra height.

Old 04-14-2010 | 10:13 PM
My 07 sits level after the rancho kit was installed i was looking to add an adl for the rear because i like a little rake but i was told by the shop i would have to lenghten my drive shaft or it would vibrate at hi speeds thats the only thing that has held me back from doing that

Old 04-14-2010 | 10:22 PM
This is NOT my truck but here are a few pics of the Rancho 4" with the skid plate..... I think it looks great!

Old 04-14-2010 | 11:04 PM
love 4 inch kits. i swear some trucks are raked more than others, but i always thought lariats and kr's were less raked than others.

so rancho is the best 4 inch kit? no rough country or skyjacker

Old 04-14-2010 | 11:38 PM

I have the 4 inch kit, i love it!

Old 04-15-2010 | 09:15 AM
|
Originally Posted by StoveTop
That $500 rebate is pretty good...congrats on the purchase.

To answer your questions: I have the 3" AS block stacked on the OEM block. The rear was a hair (prob less than an inch) lower in the rear than the front after I added the 1" spacer on top of the Rancho. It was not visibly noticable but I put a level on the bed rail and the rear was only slightly lower. Remember, I have BakFlip tonno and BedRug so not sure if the added weight made that much of a difference. I decided to add a lift shackle which gave me an additional 1 1/8th" lift to rear and now I think it looks perfect.

As for the skid plate, there is ONE Rancho guy on here who has it, but not sure who it is...
It looks pretty good, but I really like the look of the Rancho crossmember.

Congrats and post pics of your install!
If I follow your lead. You think it will look ok with my stock 20's? At least for a while.... The tires are big and I do have 1/4 spacers on the wheels...

Also rather then stacking the blocks... Is there a single block that will do the same? Or will the shackle take care of this... Are you running the shackle plus both blocks in the rear?

Also after seeing the skid plate on... I really like it too!
Even though the cross member is sweet as it is!

Old 04-15-2010 | 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. eXtreme
If I follow your lead. You think it will look ok with my stock 20's? At least for a while.... The tires are big and I do have 1/4 spacers on the wheels...

Also rather then stacking the blocks... Is there a single block that will do the same?
There is a member who has a black 06 fx4 scab w/ rancho 4" and factory 20's and it looks really good, can't remember his name.

Check with www.autospringcorp.com and see if they can set you up with a single block in the size you need.

Old 04-15-2010 | 10:05 AM
|
You mean Vt's truck. I think... That's another one that inspired me to go with the Rancho.

Thanks for the link. I think someone on here was running a Fabtech block in the rear with a Rancho system. But I think they where running a taller spacer too..

What size is the block with the Rancho kit? 3, 4, ..... Three seems to short seeing I'm already running a 3 inch AS block...

Quick Reply: The time has come!!! Rancho Lift Kit!!!