2004 - 2008 F-150

Pallet + Line-x/Rhino

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010 | 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mr. eXtreme
Never used it in a truck bed. But did use it to do the floor, inner walls, gas tank skid plate and some other random stuff when I had my Wrangler. For that it held up and looked great. Was farily simple to do to. Just don't get it on anything you don't want it on.

I also used it instead of buying sill plate protectors. I taped off the areas I wanted covered and applied. No tape or glue to come loose over time or junk getting under a plastic part! Worked and looked great too.
I am planning on doing a spray in myself in my Wrangler, using the U-POL Raptor one. Its IMHO the only one to do.

As for company done one, had an Inyati in my GMC, not happy with the fading of it. Would have been fine for a concealed one but this came over the bed rails. I have a drop in now and will keep it till its dead then do a Line-X. The only reason I don't do it is that it has the permanent bed caps so I am not worried about the bed liner rubbing on exterior paint. Its a truck bed, use it like one!

Old 04-15-2010 | 03:28 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Line-x is the best out there IMO. It takes all kinds of abuse and holds up fine. They have a lifetime warranty and will repair any damage done. I've used it on all kinds of stuff besides my truck bed and it is a great product that is definitely worth the money!

Old 04-15-2010 | 03:35 PM
Spray in liner is the way to go but if you want to save money and DIY I would grab the new Dupont Bed Armor with Kevlar:

http://www.bedarmor.com/viewer.php?filter=r&cat=

Old 04-15-2010 | 03:42 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Herculiner....
... Was farily simple to do to. Just don't get it on anything you don't want it on....
Coming up on the tenth anniversary of the Herculiner Hootus

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...threadid=18595

Old 04-15-2010 | 04:04 PM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by Raoul
Herculiner....

I think the first page of that is all I am going to be able to make it through!

Old 04-15-2010 | 04:13 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I think the first page of that is all I am going to be able to make it through!
Well, that guy was their 'Mountaineer' and ended up being one of their moderators.

I'm just sayin'......

Old 04-15-2010 | 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Drop in liners are notorious for rubbing the paint off the bed, water getting trapped between it and the bed, and rusting a hole through.
Seems like that might have been true about the wate on previous years, but the 04+ trucks have gaps in the truck bed that would probably allow the water to drain out. I could see it happening on older models though.

Old 04-15-2010 | 04:16 PM
Herculiner....

Holly ...Not the Hootus thread. Man it's been years since I read that and I can't believe it's almost 10 years since the original poster posted and he is still online. That thread is a classic!

Last edited by Bluejay; 04-15-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Do not circumvent the language filter
Old 04-15-2010 | 04:17 PM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
Seems like that might have been true about the wate on previous years, but the 04+ trucks have gaps in the truck bed that would probably allow the water to drain out. I could see it happening on older models though.
Whatever. I would not take a chance with the liner rubbing the paint off the ridges, myself. Maybe even rubbing a hole in one.

Old 04-15-2010 | 04:19 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
...the 04+ trucks have gaps in the truck bed that would probably allow the water to drain out. I could see it happening on older models though.
Pickups trucks had drain holes since before God invented water.

Old 04-15-2010 | 04:19 PM
Global Moderator &
Well, that guy was their 'Mountaineer' and ended up being one of their moderators.

I'm just sayin'......
I have never played with Herculiner, thank goodness. Now roofing tar, not going to tell that story.

Old 04-15-2010 | 04:26 PM
Never used it in a truck bed. But did use it to do the floor, inner walls, gas tank skid plate and some other random stuff when I had my Wrangler. For that it held up and looked great. Was farily simple to do to. Just don't get it on anything you don't want it on.

I also used it instead of buying sill plate protectors. I taped off the areas I wanted covered and applied. No tape or glue to come loose over time or junk getting under a plastic part! Worked and looked great too.

I Herculined my truck bed. It's a chore to do...especially the prep, but it's holding up well. If you scratch it, you can simply reprep and add some more.

Old 04-15-2010 | 06:33 PM
I father has a Rhino lining in his 02 F350 and also in his old 05 F350. Both trucks got/get loaded with 3000-4000lb pallets almost weekly and both have held up pretty good. The pallets do get slid on the liner also, not just sat. I will see if I can snap a couple pics of his 02 this weekend, I think there may be 1-2 spots where the liner is missing from getting the tines of the pallet forks rubbed across a few times but that is it.

Old 04-16-2010 | 12:05 AM
|
Originally Posted by XPerties
Spray in liner is the way to go but if you want to save money and DIY I would grab the new Dupont Bed Armor with Kevlar:

http://www.bedarmor.com/viewer.php?filter=r&cat=
I will look into this, I just don't feel like spending 500+ for a bed-liner when I honestly dont really care that much about the bed, It has been bare since 04' with the previous owner, so it is pretty badly beat now, I figure it is common sense to do something to protect it though,

Old 04-16-2010 | 03:22 AM
2009 F150online Truck of the Year
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by bluejay
drop in liners are notorious for rubbing the paint off the bed, water getting trapped between it and the bed, and rusting a hole through.
x2!!!!!

Quick Reply: Pallet + Line-x/Rhino