2004 - 2008 F-150

help with fog bulbs, fully painted housings black

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2010 | 01:14 AM
|
help with fog bulbs, fully painted housings black

Well I've been painted my heads and fogs. The headlights are awesome but I didn't fair to well with the tape on the fogs. So I had to fully paint the housing black. No the lights have no output. I see a few other people have the same setup as me. But has anyone found a bulb that will fix the issue? I was thinking about making an LED bulb with a cree led and wide angle reflector. It would only be 60 degree and about 200 lumen, but it should light up 20 feet in front of the truck. As of now, I have no light in front of the truck, just some yellow tinted black housings. lol

Old 04-20-2010 | 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by crudeau
Well I've been painted my heads and fogs. The headlights are awesome but I didn't fair to well with the tape on the fogs. So I had to fully paint the housing black. No the lights have no output. I see a few other people have the same setup as me. But has anyone found a bulb that will fix the issue? I was thinking about making an LED bulb with a cree led and wide angle reflector. It would only be 60 degree and about 200 lumen, but it should light up 20 feet in front of the truck. As of now, I have no light in front of the truck, just some yellow tinted black housings. lol
Put a set of HID's in DDM tuning has them for $30

Old 04-20-2010 | 08:56 PM
|
I'm thinking that as well. Do any of the blackout trucks have the same setup? I'd love to see if the output is worth it. I know that it is when the housing is chrome. I'm also curious if the 55watt is safe in the housing. Since it will be less reflective because of the black paint. Too many options. Would also love hids in the heads, but it seems that the glare is too bad.

Quick Reply: help with fog bulbs, fully painted housings black