2004 - 2008 F-150

I got this sqeaking noise coming....

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010 | 09:36 AM
|
I got this sqeaking noise coming....

From the front end of my truck from almost day 1 I got it brand new..now it's def not the brakes or wheel hub, wheel hubs are brand new and noise still sounds the same when or when not applying the brakes. Seems to happen after a few minutes of driving. Now the dealer states they been lubricating the rubber boots with a silicone spray becaus that's where they believe the noise is
coming from. This past Saturday is when I took it just for that noise cuz I'm getting tired of it. So I told him I never heard of a rubber boot making anykind of noise unless the rubber is dry rotted or there is no grease internally. They said it is a sealed boot so they cannot check inside
and there is no signs of leakage.The service guy said he was gonna call the ford tech hotline to see if they say to replace it
under wArranty or not due to the fact there is no defect to it besides it squeaking. Now do I believe him or not, I think they are full of ***** and don't know what the actuall noise is or they don't wNt to do the job.

Quick Reply: I got this sqeaking noise coming....