2004 - 2008 F-150

2007 F-150 crew cab water leak

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010 | 01:40 AM
|
2007 F-150 crew cab water leak

Hello we had some heavy rain here where i live and when i went to run some RCA's down the driver side of the truck and there was a bunch of water in the drivers front doors channel.
The carpet is dry i checked it the water was only in the channel i checked the back drivers door it didn't seem to have water unless it all run forward.
I also checked the passengers side and that was dry also.
Where can water be leaking from i tried spraying water for 5 minutes to see if i could see where it is leaking back i could not see anything I also now have this funky smell in the truck as it was hot today and the truck sat parked with the windows up all day.

Thanks
u1cracka

Old 05-04-2010 | 06:18 AM
|
Well I Guess its the 3rd brake light i just noticed water leaking from there and the head liner is wet.
could water be leaking into the back and travel all the way up front true the channels that the wire runs to the back. my truck does sit lower in the front then the rear is this possible.
Also my back seats didn't appear to be wet and i never noticed it wet before.

Now should i take it to the dealer or should i just fix it my self.

Thanks
u1cracka

Old 05-04-2010 | 09:34 AM
If it's still under warranty I'd take it to the dealer. Mine was still under warranty but I fixed mine myself. I didn't want to take the time and leave it at the dealer. I got some self sticking gasket material from Home Depot and it has worked great. I can't remember what type of gasket it was but do a search. That's how I found which one to buy.

Old 05-04-2010 | 09:56 AM
Do you have a sunroof?My friends was leaking through the passenger side,easy fix,there is a water drain plug that was clogged with debris,causing water to leak into the cab.

Old 05-04-2010 | 01:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by socal450
Do you have a sunroof?My friends was leaking through the passenger side,easy fix,there is a water drain plug that was clogged with debris,causing water to leak into the cab.
No sunroof I am going to call the dealer and see when they can fit me in.

Old 05-04-2010 | 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by u1cracka
Well I Guess its the 3rd brake light i just noticed water leaking from there and the head liner is wet.
This is a common problem on all current ford trucks. I had it on my ranger and now my 150. just take some silacone sealant and run it along the top outside windown trim of the back window. That fixed my problem both times, takes about 10 min and the sealant is cheap.

Old 05-04-2010 | 07:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I have this same issue with my 04 posted the same question and got nothing back.

I ended up just pulling the small rubber plugs out of the bottom of the back seat channel so that at least it would drain out.

Old 12-20-2010 | 11:38 PM
|
I changed the 3rd brake light weather seal then siliconed the light. Now we just had some heavy rain here and I still have water in the drivers side door channel.
Now I did notice I there was some water in the door pocket then I removed the speaker grill and there was a bunch of water leaking from around the door speaker.
Is it possible water is leaking from the door then when the door is shut it's leaking into the channel.

U1cracka

Old 12-21-2010 | 09:04 AM
Originally Posted by Woods-Rider
This is a common problem on all current ford trucks. I had it on my ranger and now my 150. just take some silacone sealant and run it along the top outside windown trim of the back window. That fixed my problem both times, takes about 10 min and the sealant is cheap.
x2 i know rangers had a big problem with the rear window

Quick Reply: 2007 F-150 crew cab water leak