2004 - 2008 F-150

Any one try these?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, the pads with the clips go on the insides of the calipers, the pads without go on the outsides. You'll see them as you take the old ones off. The rear rotors usually need some beating(around the drum section) to get them off. I hit arounf the hub with some penetrating oil a few minutes before to help free them up. I used a 2 lb sledge.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Well I decided this morning to put my new rotors and pads on. I have never changed my own brakes before but after reading it was not rocket science decided to save some $$ and do it myself. The parts from Brake Motive were awsome and were all the way to me in Canada in 2 days cant ask for much better than that.

The front set went on in 20 min I was done, THEN I got to the back set. I had read they could be a pain to get off but that was an understatement for me. 4 Hours later and they still would not pop, the emergency brake pads had them locked in and in 2yrs I think I have used the Ebrake twice so could not figure it out. Finally in the Ford OEM rotors there are 2 threaded holes I was able to get bolts into and pry the rears off.

The passenger side of the Ebrake setup fell apart and took an hour to put back together and the driver side went back together fine. To be honest this ruined the whole day I was so frustrated by then I would have sold the whole truck for a $ 1

Now that all was back together I took it for a QUICK ride and performed the 6 start and stops in the paper work I received.

I have run the truck less than a mile and a half and still hear noise its like the pads are JUST touching the rotors causing a noise did you guys that already installed this kit hear this as well until you got 50 or so miles on and broke them in or have I done something wrong ?? Its just a slight noise front and back as if the pads are just touching the rotors and causing a noise ?

Here are a few pics

Last edited by Bigmoss; 07-16-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:41 PM
I got the IRotors pads and discs off ebay for around that price and they work great!! Very durable, stop on a dime, and no wierd wearing..

Old 07-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
uh-oh, their satisfaction is about to drop from 100% to 99.99999% lol.

Old 07-16-2010, 11:41 PM
also, i still don't see any sets for 4x2. weak! is the only difference between all the pads and rotors just the rear rotors?

Old 07-17-2010, 01:47 PM
Bigmoss, Mine sounded like that whan I first backed out of the driveway. I was worried at first but after the break in they didn't do it anymore. The only thing I hear now is a very high pitched squeel when I apply the brakes and only in a drive thru. I think once the rotors are worn smooth the sound you are hearing wil go away. m_melen, I think the difference between the 2 and 4x4 is the front rotors. If you got the conversion to a two pc. hub, the 4x4 rotors will fit. I think the one pc. hub/rotor design is limiting what the after markets can produce.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:51 PM
i took my front brakes apart today when i painted the calipers and brackets (just black, nothing ugly!), but i only had time to do the front ones today so i didnt even take off the back wheels.
i noticed the front pads are regular old pads with no clips that fit into the pistons. but the back ones should have those clips like in bigmoss's pic, right? i've got an FX2 and i want to be sure the front rotors are the only parts i can't use from the 4x4 kit.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:31 PM
I got mine in thursday and as soon as it stops raining, I'll be installing them. Sounds like you guys are having good luck with them.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:01 AM
Dozer I was hoping you would say that. I still have not drove the truck since I put them on but will tomorrow to work so hopefully after a few miles all the noises are gone. I love the quality of the parts so Brakemotive gets 100% on that.

The only thing that sucked was getting those back rotors off and thats not their fault. I had two friends that are mecanics come by to help me and they even said they have never seen rear rotors not want to come off like that. The Ebrake pads had such a groove in the rotor it would not let go even with adjusting. OH and it turns out when Ford built the truck they put the little adjuster the wrong way on both sides so my buddies could not even get to it with their little adjust tool.

Other than that the job was an easy one.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:06 AM
Bigmoss, I'm confident yours will quiet down. I only had a slight fight to get the rear rotors off. First I hit the flange with some penetrating oil and then hit them with a 2# sledge. Had no problem with the E brakes at all. I use them a couple times a month to keep them moving freely. I had absolutely no wear on the interior of the drum. Just a coating of rust.

Old 07-19-2010, 01:43 PM
The noise was so bad driving home yesterday from the cottage and then this morning I took it into a shop, the issue was that these new rotors have a little bit deeper lip in the rear portion that goes over the Ebrake pads and it was rubbing like crazy as the wheel turned on the Dust/Heat shields in the back. Once they bent and reshaped the shileds all was good to go.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:36 PM
Huh, there must have been a change between 06 and 08. I had no clearance issues. Glad it's resolved. The brakes performance still surprises me at times.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:35 PM
For the guys that have bought the rotors and pads from brakemotive on ebay. How have they been holding up now that you have had them for several weeks. Any issues ?

Old 08-03-2010, 01:01 AM
100% positive feedback beware

Originally Posted by Duskrider
Whoa! 27,300 with 100% positive feedback. That's damned impressive for an eBay seller. I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this. If anyone gets a set, make sure to let us know what's up. I'll do the same if I decide to try 'em.
Most if not all the feeedback don't take durability, the feedback it's only to measure if the parts arrive promptly, fit in the truck, look good, etc. but can't be left after 1 year of use in order to take durability in the feedback.

Old 08-03-2010, 07:27 AM
I have had them on for a month now with no issues and many other members have tons of miles on them with no issues. The paper work you get with the parts specifically asks people who bought on ebay not to add feedback right away and to wait until you have used the product a while and are sure you are happy with them.

Look at it this way for me anyway with the price of this kit I can change parts almost 4 times for what they want for one kit here, cant go wrong with those numbers anyway you look at it !