2004 - 2008 F-150

Great News !

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010 | 11:28 PM
|
Great News !

I get to keep my truck ! I posted earlier that I was going to sell my truck to purchase a Mini van for the wife to tote the Twins around in. Well we found a Mini van that was easy on the budget and she loves it. It loaded to the tilt with every avaiable option including leather and power doors and rear hatch.

Wooo Hooo !

I 'm keeping my truck and I have twins on the way

Old 06-17-2010 | 11:46 PM
Truck of the Month
Congrats on the twins and for keeping the truck

Old 06-17-2010 | 11:59 PM
AMEN!!!

its all to sad when people see my truck and go "yeah I had one when I was your age, then the kids came along...."

Old 06-18-2010 | 01:45 PM
Glad to hear you get to keep your truck. But I will never understand why people think that just because they are going to have kids they have to get rid of the vehicle they love and will work for how many little ones they have. For the record I have 2 kids and will keep my truck till it dies. Both car seats and an adult fit fine in the back seat of my SCAB.

Last edited by pa_wolf62; 06-18-2010 at 02:15 PM.
Old 06-18-2010 | 01:55 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by pa_wolf62
Glad to hear you get to keep your truck. But I will never understand why people think that just because they are going to have kids they have to get rid of the vehicle they love and will work for how many little ones they have. For the record I have 2 kids and will keep my truck till it dies. Both car seats and an adult fit fine in the back seat of my SCAB.
My Thoughts exactly

Old 06-18-2010 | 02:17 PM
If you have only one vehicle and it happens to be a Mustang or simmilar then I could see getting something more pratical. Unless you have more than 3 kids I don't see the point of getting rid of a crew cab truck. Can someone please explain this to me?

Old 06-18-2010 | 04:33 PM
Because this is what I drove...

The F-150 is my family vehicle.

Old 06-19-2010 | 11:44 AM
|
If you have only one vehicle and it happens to be a Mustang or simmilar then I could see getting something more pratical. Unless you have more than 3 kids I don't see the point of getting rid of a crew cab truck. Can someone please explain this to me?
Easy, The wife hates driving the truck and is the primary driver when taking the kids to doctors apointments and school. I wasn't going to be selfish and drive what I wanted and she does without.

Old 06-19-2010 | 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Drunkonjack
Easy, The wife hates driving the truck and is the primary driver when taking the kids to doctors apointments and school. I wasn't going to be selfish and drive what I wanted and she does without.

That makes sense I guess. I guess I'm lucky with my wife, she loves driving my truck.

Old 06-19-2010 | 12:19 PM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by Drunkonjack
You were doing the right thing for the right reasons and then things worked out right for you. Congratulations all the way around.

Old 06-19-2010 | 12:48 PM
I have a SCAB and if the car seat is not in the middle of the back seat the front seats are pushed way forward. The passenger would have their knees up against the glove box. It sucks. Do you have front facing car seats or something?

Old 06-19-2010 | 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by CraigH
I have a SCAB and if the car seat is not in the middle of the back seat the front seats are pushed way forward. The passenger would have their knees up against the glove box. It sucks. Do you have front facing car seats or something?
He has to, with my screw the car seat is touching the back of the front seat. Couldn't see a rear facing seat fitting too well in the back of an scab...

Old 06-19-2010 | 04:57 PM
I believe rear facing car seats are mandatory until the child's weight is heavy enough to move to the next size seat.

Quick Reply: Great News !