2004 - 2008 F-150

2008 4.2l XL single cab piece of ****

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010 | 06:11 PM
|
2008 4.2l XL single cab piece of ****

im wantin to lower this truck and make it look a little better. i was told i can flip the leaf springs to lower it. is this true and is it bad?

Old 08-06-2010 | 07:28 PM
ZSK
Flip the leaf springs front to back or upside down?

Old 08-06-2010 | 07:35 PM
Lord please help you.

You can do something to drop it. I would say start off looking at kits.

Or throw some drop shackles on it and get front coil overs. Other than that you can do new drop leafs, axle flip kit which requires a C notch in frame or bags.

Old 08-06-2010 | 07:46 PM
glc
If you think it's a piece of whatever, why don't you just get rid of it and get something you like better? Sell it to someone who can appreciate a good work truck.

Old 08-06-2010 | 10:27 PM
|

Last edited by Pitbull_Rott; 08-07-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2010 | 10:28 PM
|
@ZSK im talkin bout flippin them upside down.

Old 08-06-2010 | 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man
Lord please help you.

You can do something to drop it. I would say start off looking at kits.

Or throw some drop shackles on it and get front coil overs. Other than that you can do new drop leafs, axle flip kit which requires a C notch in frame or bags.
you dont need a c notch with a flip kit

Originally Posted by Pitbull_Rott
@ZSK im talkin bout flippin them upside down.
you misunderstood whoever told you that a flip is when you take the axle that is mounted underneath the leaf spring and remount it on top of the leaf springs. that will lower the back 6"

Old 08-06-2010 | 10:54 PM
I'd be silly not to C-Notch the frame after a flip.

Old 08-06-2010 | 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Pitbull_Rott
lmao, this thing is not and will not ever be a good work truck. after 5000 miles 2 of the abs sensors went out, warranty called it wear and tear. 11000 miles the odometer quit workin, warranty called it wear and tear. the 'oh ****' handle on driver side broke off when i was gettin in the truck a few weeks ago. and now at 57,000 the ****in bearings gotta be replaced. i cant trade it cuz my dad co signed and wont get his fat *** off his ****in couch and meet me at capitol one to get his name off the ****in title. he too jealous that i have a newer truck then him.
ABS sensors just dont go out. You have to drive your truck hard. Going around corners hard and powerbraking your truck will cause this. Odometer could be just a fuse, I'd look into it. The Oh **** handle is two bolts, seriously if you can't fix this then you dont even deserve a truck. Stop using it to get in. Your truck is stock height you dont need it unless your a munchkin, in which case grab the steering wheel. Bearings do need to replaced every once in awhile I'd make sure my mechanic anit lying. Unless its your rear axle having problems then you do beat the living hell out of your truck. Be lucky your Dad was I dont know how to put this, nice enough to co-sign for such an ignorant *******. The truck doesn't seem to be the problem you do.

P.S.: Ford probably thinks its all wear and tear cause they think you swapped in a V8 with your exhaust the way it sounds.

Old 08-07-2010 | 12:04 AM
glc
One of 2 possibilities:

1. You have a slimeball dealer who will do anything to deny warranty claims.

2. You beat the ever lovin' snot out of the truck and mod it with JC Whitney parts and a torch and it shows it - and you go into the dealer saying ** this and ** that just like you did in here to **** them off, and they call it obvious abuse, which is NOT covered.

2a. If you keep up the ** in here, it's only a matter of time before the mods slap you down.

Old 08-07-2010 | 12:50 AM
Global Moderator &
Originally Posted by glc
One of 2 possibilities:

1. You have a slimeball dealer who will do anything to deny warranty claims.

2. You beat the ever lovin' snot out of the truck and mod it with JC Whitney parts and a torch and it shows it - and you go into the dealer saying ** this and ** that just like you did in here to **** them off, and they call it obvious abuse, which is NOT covered.

2a. If you keep up the ** in here, it's only a matter of time before the mods slap you down.
Yep, all that cute stuff needs to cease.

Old 08-07-2010 | 01:36 AM
Originally Posted by BlueOval_Man
ABS sensors just dont go out. You have to drive your truck hard. Going around corners hard and powerbraking your truck will cause this. Odometer could be just a fuse, I'd look into it. The Oh **** handle is two bolts, seriously if you can't fix this then you dont even deserve a truck. Stop using it to get in. Your truck is stock height you dont need it unless your a munchkin, in which case grab the steering wheel. Bearings do need to replaced every once in awhile I'd make sure my mechanic anit lying. Unless its your rear axle having problems then you do beat the living hell out of your truck. Be lucky your Dad was I dont know how to put this, nice enough to co-sign for such an ignorant *******. The truck doesn't seem to be the problem you do.

P.S.: Ford probably thinks its all wear and tear cause they think you swapped in a V8 with your exhaust the way it sounds.
this was my reaction exactly. My 2006 had the right front ABS sensor go out, they replaced it under warranty no problem (cost me 100 bucks because it was replaced under the ESP and I had a deductible).

Also, the 'oh sheet' handle breaking can happen if you abuse it. its an easy fix though, two bolts.

Old 08-07-2010 | 02:00 AM
calm down bro

Old 08-07-2010 | 07:46 AM
...........all I have to say is, I have a 07 4.2 XL single cab and I LOVE IT :-D

and calm down, your dad helped get out the truck you should be more than greatful. Things happen to trucks part of normal wear and tear. But if you drive it like you stole it your gonna be replacing things a whole lot faster than everybody else.........nobody else to blame but yourself

Old 08-07-2010 | 11:49 AM
|
1. i dont drive it hard(i dont dog it out, no mud ridin, no off roadin, i dont evn go 80)
i drove my 99 ranger with a 3.0 faster and harder, took it muddin, and raced it every day. never had ANYTHING wrong with that truck.
2. the it was the plastic under the bolts that broke, have to complety replace it.
3. the 2008 is known for having all these problems.
4. oval, y dont you quit following my threads if you're just gonna post negative ****. i cant even ask a simple question without you bein derogatory.

Last edited by Pitbull_Rott; 08-07-2010 at 11:54 AM.

Quick Reply: 2008 4.2l XL single cab piece of ****