2004 - 2008 F-150

Oil on bottom of oil pan?? Leak??

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Understand

Originally Posted by cphilip
It gets changes based upon its needs too. But it gets no more than it needs. It uses what it needs and gets used for its needs. No more, no less. It does its job with 10 mpg and takes 7 quarts every 5-6k miles just like your truck does. For me that ends up being once an year. And it gets similar mileage to the F350/TT rig I used to use for the same purpose.

Is that the point your trying to make that an RV is excessive for its purpose? That would be an entirely different topic. Whether or not someone should own an RV for Camping and Traveling.... heck... whether or not most of us should own a truck for hauling and towing when we do little of it most times is certainly a valid discussion but its an entirely different one. Does your truck actually serve as your car instead most of the time? Could you, or should I say should you, be using a smaller car for your purposes? I don't know. Use and need are, again, an entirely different discussion beyond sheer deliberate waste.

But when you use it, whatever "it" is, you give it just exactly what it needs to keep it healthy. And EVERY single bit of evidence shows you that a 3K mile changes is excessive. That's the least you can do because it is easy to do and it harms nothing. I am not advocating going to the ridiculous there.... just is an area we can all help out a little bit on. And pointing out that there is damage caused with that train of thought. Save here, and gain use there sort of thing. More oil saved in one place where it doesn't hurt anything is more oil we can use elsewhere to enjoy our trucks (RVs, Camper, little cars etc)

Thats the point I am trying to make.
I do understand your point, and I apologize for trying to stir up any type of argument, I guess I had a menstrual moment. "Big Boy Knuckles"

Nitrox

Old 11-17-2010, 11:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a problem at all. My interjection could have indeed been taken as an overly "tree huger" comment. So it really was an opportunity for me to explain myself a little better.

Quick Reply: Oil on bottom of oil pan?? Leak??