2004 - 2008 F-150

Brandmotion NAV unit issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2010 | 02:04 PM
|
Brandmotion NAV unit issues

Father, it's been a long time since my last post ... good to see the site doing so well. To my post - has anyone had any issues/fix for the Brandmotion NAV unit? Mine just started looking for the satellite constantly. I re-initialize it, and it may work for 15 seconds. Then it goes back to searching for the satellite signal. I swapped out antennas to no avail. I've sent an email to Brandmotion to see if they have a fix or can service the unit. Thanks.

Old 01-01-2011 | 10:30 AM
When I fist purchased mine (2 years ago) it would take 20-30 minutes to find a satelite. I had to return it for a new one.

My issue now is finding updated maps. I went ot the Magellan site, but I can't find anythig for it. Beginning to think it was a bad idea getting one of these. Maybe I just need to take it out, put the flat tray back in and get something better.

Old 01-01-2011 | 02:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by abnpacrat

My issue now is finding updated maps. I went ot the Magellan site, but I can't find anything for it.
Yeah I couldn't find any map updates either. I would sure like an updated map. I was also thinking of installing something else in the opening.

To the OP I would take the unit out of the case and make sure the sat antenna is attached and try to do a software upgrade some how.

Old 01-02-2011 | 10:42 PM
|
I took the unit apart and even bought an aftermarket antenna. Looks like the unit went bad so I bought another Magellan 760. Stuck it in, and it works fine. But the new unit had an even older map version. So I just recently won an eBay auction for the updated maps on cd. I'll let you know how it works.

Quick Reply: Brandmotion NAV unit issues