2004 - 2008 F-150

Back in the saddle again!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010 | 02:26 PM
|
Back in the saddle again!

Hey folks, I joined these forums a few years ago after buying my 1998 Lariat. I ended up selling it a year or two ago, bought a sedan, and missed having a truck so much that I gave the sedan to my wife. This past Thursday I found a deal too good to pass, drove an hour to Kerrville and came back with a 2008 XLT. Loving the new truck.

One question: I noticed that the sticker calls it a "TX/OK Edition." It doesn't have the extras that the pure Texas Edition has (power seats, dual tone paint, decal near the F150 sticker). Does "TX/OK Edition" mean anything significant? Why bother labeling it as such if it's a regular XLT trim?

Thanks.

Old 11-14-2010 | 08:21 AM
Are you talking about the window sticker or the decal on the side of the bed? Decal on the side of the bed someone could have replaced to say that IE mine says Fx2 Knight Edition. If you don't like it on the side on your bed you could replace it yourself or get rid of it all together. But if it's on the window sticker I have no clue, haha. I've only heard of XLT,XL, Fx2,STX,FX4,LARIET,KINGRANCH,FTX,ROUSH..etc...

Old 11-14-2010 | 09:45 AM
Global Moderator &
For several years, there was a Texas Edition and an Okla Edition. They had the same package of extras and each had theur own unique badge. Ford just started saving money by not badging them and combining them on the sticker. It is more a list of certain options than extras now.

One thing you will want to detrmine is if it has the dreaded 2 piece plugs or the redesigned one piece. If the boots on the plugs are black, it has the 2 piece, if brown, one piece. Just something you need to know when plug change time arrives.

Weclome back!

Quick Reply: Back in the saddle again!