2004 - 2008 F-150

annoying squeek

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
annoying squeek

when i have the climate control on auto, when the truck finally gets to temperature inside normally 68, i get a reallly anoying squeek from what i think is the blend door. i am curious if anyone else as had this problem and if anything simple can be done to fix it. everything works but this little noise is making me nuts.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i cant be the only one on here with this noise

Old 01-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have the same thing in my 08, heard it was the blend motor, searching now to find if it is indeed the problem, and the best way to go about fixing it.

Dealership was supposed to fix it for me while under warranty. Had to order parts, never called me back. Contacted them back about it and did not know what I was talking about, now past 36k so will probably have to fight to get them to do the work. That one particular dealership is a pain in the butt. Its not wear I got my truck, but its a lot closer to home.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mine was making a ticking sound right behind the cd player. I originally thought the cd player was malfunctioning because it sounded like a motorized tick. After some time I did notice the cold air would intermittently blow hot air when ac was on and vise-versa.
I replaced the $20-$30 blend door motor myself and it's silent as can be now.

Quick Reply: annoying squeek