2004 - 2008 F-150

Truck died at car wash

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck died at car wash

This morning after work, I ran my truck through a touchless carwash. While driving over the under carriage spray my truck died. It took a couple of times but started back up. No codes no nothing. Anybody have any ideas what would of caused this? I know dont use carwashes but I wanted to get salt from the roads off my truck.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:33 AM
could have been that a sensor got wet?

Old 12-23-2010, 10:50 AM
i had this happen to me in a grand cherokee i owned before my truck. i took a water crossing in the outer banks way too fast, and the jeep just shut off. it started, drove, then shut off again and didnt want to start. took the batt cable off and it ran fine for the next few years until i sold it.

the best response i got on jeepforum was that the pcm is sensitive to changes in voltage and will shut the truck down if any voltage wacks out. the theory was that i had gotten salt water on a battery cable or something, and the voltage wigged out on me and it cut the jeep off.

lots of people on here powerwash their engine bays with their trucks running though so i dont understand that.

good luck on getting better responses

Old 12-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Take a look at your Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) as it is located in the undercarriage by the spare tire.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/4122942-post2.html

Old 12-23-2010, 11:10 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Any number of things.....

You may want to check your fuel pump control module on the rear cross member above the spare tire....t casing back is known to corrode due to it being directly mounted to the cross member and allowing stuff to get trapped there....

Just a thought.

Quick Reply: Truck died at car wash