2004 - 2008 F-150

A Lesson Learned With 2006+ Fog Lights......

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 10:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just put silverstars in my '07 fogs. Made a very nice difference compared to stock.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MRLSU2U
Don't know what tasca's charging, but these are the ones I picked up after I melted my housings as well. fog housing I haven't had any problems. But make sure when you check out you have one Driver side and one Passenger side as they ARE different.
Nice, they even have cheap ones for the 04-05's.

Old 01-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by 88racing
HAHA, had to say that. Once you get new housings, what bulbs do you plan on running - I see other members have posted bulbs that they have had success with.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by mdhawkin
HAHA, had to say that. Once you get new housings, what bulbs do you plan on running - I see other members have posted bulbs that they have had success with.
Back to the 9145ST.....
I'm going back to a stock type of headlamp housing also....getting rid of the European halos.....side light is not the greatest.....

No HIDs.....the housing reflectors aren't focused for them.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:40 PM
You can aim fogs just like you can aim heads

Old 01-02-2011, 11:51 PM

You can aim fogs just like you can aim heads
Yes you can.....but with changing out bulb types/styles a person doesn't take into account the focal point of the curvature of the reflector to maintain the proper focal point.....HIDs in the wrong housings= a lot of scattered light without the proper cut off. I'm trying not to go this route....as it seems to **** off oncoming drivers

Old 01-03-2011, 06:35 AM
Originally Posted by 88racing
....as it seems to **** off oncoming drivers
Yes it does.
And some people still don't understand that..... https://www.f150online.com/forums/ap...0-hids-me.html

Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
I have HID's in both my heads and fogs. And after reaiming both I have not been flashed even one time. I even had my grandmother get in her car and let me pass her to see if it was blinding at all. She said it was not =) But to each their own buddy. You do what you want with your ride.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 PM
I have HID's in both my heads and fogs. And after reaiming both I have not been flashed even one time. I even had my grandmother get in her car and let me pass her to see if it was blinding at all. She said it was not =) But to each their own buddy. You do what you want with your ride.
I agree...I followed my wife while she was in her car (little Subaru) and she said they weren't glaring/blinding at all. I then came at her head on in her car from a distance all the way to up close and she said it wasn't a problem. It gets old seeing everyone jump someone's case when even the thought of a plug and play kit comes to topic. I just don't think most take the time to properly aim their lights. I do have the black headlights which I'm sure produce way less glare than the full on chrome ones do.
I got flashed once when I first installed them before I aimed them. I haven't been flashed once since I took the time to properly aim them. It's funny people are quick to flash someone when their brights are on but then excuses get made by people on here as to why they aren't flashing you with your plug and play kit, like for some reason the HID's blind them so bad that it also brain washes them into not doing it...Come on, really? If the headlights are too bright people DO NOT hesitate to flash you. And I haven't gotten flashed since the first time I installed them before re-aiming.

Last edited by 700hauler; 01-04-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:26 PM
I have retrofit HIDs now and was just flashed for the second time since installation. I just flashed my brights to show them I'm not running with my high beams on and I could care less if I was blinding them. Besides, the vehicle was a Buick Rendezvous so it wasn't even a car, I couldn't have possibly been blinding them anyway. I have driven 5 ft behind cars taking my brother to school and my lights aren't even above their trunks.

Old 01-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Originally Posted by DarkShadowSTX
I have retrofit HIDs now and was just flashed for the second time since installation. I just flashed my brights to show them I'm not running with my high beams on and I could care less if I was blinding them. Besides, the vehicle was a Buick Rendezvous so it wasn't even a car, I couldn't have possibly been blinding them anyway. I have driven 5 ft behind cars taking my brother to school and my lights aren't even above their trunks.
So you have gotten flashed more with your retrofit kit than I have with my plug and play kit. Interesting.

Old 01-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Enough with the plug n play vs retro fit argument already. To each their own. If it's not your truck then don't worry about what's in it.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Stu, how about some pics?

Old 01-06-2011, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by poonjahb
Enough with the plug n play vs retro fit argument already. To each their own. If it's not your truck then don't worry about what's in it.

Now, back to the topic at hand. Stu, how about some pics?
Vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...s-goodies.html

Old 01-07-2011, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by DarkShadowSTX
OEM hids do it all the time aswell. You Probably hit a bump that lowered the back for a second looking like you high beamed them.
Anyway I put hid capped front bulbs in my fogs and they still glare like crazy. To the point I don't even use them. So to anyone don't waste your money on bulb capping.

Old 01-07-2011, 05:59 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by BigTerp
I just put silverstars in my '07 fogs. Made a very nice difference compared to stock.
What part # for the SilverStars?...........

Quick Reply: A Lesson Learned With 2006+ Fog Lights......