2004 - 2008 F-150

update on the front grille emblem.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011 | 12:02 PM
|
update on the front grille emblem.

ive been wanting to replace my front grille emblem on my 07 lariat for a while now, since the clear coat is peeling off or whatever it does. but i remember a few posts saying some people got the wrong emblem, it didnt have the bolts on the back, or whatever, so i emailed tasca and gave them my vin number and all that and this is what i got

"The part # you need is 4L3Z-1542528-AB and it will cost you $35.00 plus shipping. It attaches with double-sided tape, Ford does not make the screw in type anymore."

i called one of my dealers and they had it in stock for 56 bucks, i didnt want to pay 56 dollars so i didnt ask anymore questions, whether or not thats the screw in type or tape on type i dont know.

and if you go on the tasca site and find it yourself it comes up as 20 bucks.

its becoming way too difficult to find the right one, so ill probably just leave it alone. that and i dont want it double side taped on there. maybe one day ill sand it down carefully and clear it or something.

just thought id fill you guys in on my findings.

Old 02-09-2011 | 12:37 PM
Wow -- I wouldn't think getting a front grille emblem would be such a process.....

Old 02-09-2011 | 01:00 PM
|
well it might be as easy as ordering the 20 dollar one on tasca and it being right, but i didnt want to deal with it being wrong and returning it, and so on.

Old 02-09-2011 | 01:29 PM
My brother got me one from ebay. From a dealer it had the tape and the two studs for bolting it on

Old 02-09-2011 | 10:15 PM
Double Sided Tape

Five:

Your not getting that double sided tape off easily, if that's what your concerned with. It's not going to fall off. I had my 08's tailgate logo replaced at the dealers under warranty just a month or two ago for the very same reason.

I don't know what kind of tape Ford uses, but it aint the stuff you can get a Lowe's hardware. This stuff is strong.

Nitrox

Last edited by Nitrox; 02-09-2011 at 10:20 PM.
Old 02-12-2011 | 10:13 AM
I am not paying [more] for advertising. Ford dealers should have a barrel full of free grill logos in each lobby/show room.

Old 02-12-2011 | 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by 60DRB
I am not paying [more] for advertising. Ford dealers should have a barrel full of free grill logos in each lobby/show room.
I agree, Ford should replace these free of charge. Thats their name that is chipping and peeling. Doesn't say much about the quality of their parts.

Both of my emblems were bubbled and peeling when I got my truck. For the front, I threw in a Saleen grille and got rid of the emblem all together. For the rear, I used an emblem from one of those reciever plugs. Much better quality, and it doesn't have such a high profile like the OEM emblem. It sits more flush with the tailgate, and looks really good on there.

Old 02-12-2011 | 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by Highhorse78
I agree, Ford should replace these free of charge. Thats their name that is chipping and peeling. Doesn't say much about the quality of their parts.

Both of my emblems were bubbled and peeling when I got my truck. For the front, I threw in a Saleen grille and got rid of the emblem all together. For the rear, I used an emblem from one of those reciever plugs. Much better quality, and it doesn't have such a high profile like the OEM emblem. It sits more flush with the tailgate, and looks really good on there.
Ford never had an issue with these before they started having them made in one of the Middle East countries. Trying to save a dime on anything they can, including cutting benefits of us retired salaried workers....took over 3/4 of my life benefits that were GUARANTEED when I retired.

Quick Reply: update on the front grille emblem.