2004 - 2008 F-150

towing mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Neil
You can order them on a new F150, or add them to your 04 & newer F150. Price depends on what options you want on the mirrors. They range from about 150 to 400+ per side.

You can check the prices here.TASCA FORD When you search for the prices, select 2010 F150. These guys have the best prices around.
When I bought my 07 screw they had those mirrors. At first I kept saying that I needed to get rid of them because they were so damn big and I will be off roading the truck and didn't want them to hit trees. After driving with them for a while I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are outstanding mirrors with great coverage. I suggest just biting the bullet and getting them from whichever dealer has the best price.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:30 PM
well if they dont retract then that wont work,would have to get out and flip them everytime i went in and out of the garage

Old 03-28-2011, 05:42 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by puddle jumper
well if they dont retract then that wont work,would have to get out and flip them everytime i went in and out of the garage
You'd only have to pull in the driver's side unless we're talking about a single-car garage. You could try and retrofit a set of F-250/350 Powerfold-Powerextend tow mirrors, but I haven't seen it done. The mount probably doesn't line up.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

You can pull your driver side in from inside the truck but yes, you would have to get out for the opposite side.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I do believe they make power fold trailer tow mirrors for the F150. I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has added them to an older model F150, but I know there's guys that have installed the power fold mirrors on their F250, added a couple switches and it worked!

Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Originally Posted by Neil
I do believe they make power fold trailer tow mirrors for the F150. I'm not sure if anyone on this forum has added them to an older model F150, but I know there's guys that have installed the power fold mirrors on their F250, added a couple switches and it worked!
I don't believe the F250 mirrors (which are the only tow mirrors that powerfold) will mount up to the F150. It's not an issue of the mirror controls necessarily, although the switch would probably need to be wired for the power-extending part.

I don't know why Ford cheaped out in the first place and didn't at least make the tow mirrors power-folding since they were a premium option anyhow. Common sense would have said that bigger mirrors would need to be folded in more often.

Old 03-29-2011, 11:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ab46501
The **** mirrors are vehicle specific and don't look cheap plus they work very well. If you don't want to drop over $300 on the factory mirrors right now they would be your next best option.
x2! The **** custom mirrors are nice. They just slide over and turn a **** to lock them into place. It is a great upgrade from the factory when towing something wider than your truck!

Old 03-29-2011, 01:05 PM
Originally Posted by Maniac01
x2! The **** custom mirrors are nice. They just slide over and turn a **** to lock them into place. It is a great upgrade from the factory when towing something wider than your truck!
X3, the **** add ons work very well when towing my travel trailer. They are a nicely engineered quality unit for the price.
I like the standard mirrors a LOT better than the ugly, bulky, factory trailer mirrors when I'm NOT towing and that is 95% of the time that I drive.

So, rather than waste, IMO, the hundreds of dollars and time to convert to factory tow mirrors that are good for 5% of my driving, I use the **** mirrors and put the money into more useful mods for the truck. Works for me.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Hematite
X3, the **** add ons work very well when towing my travel trailer. They are a nicely engineered quality unit for the price.
I like the standard mirrors a LOT better than the ugly, bulky, factory trailer mirrors when I'm NOT towing and that is 95% of the time that I drive.

So, rather than waste, IMO, the hundreds of dollars and time to convert to factory tow mirrors that are good for 5% of my driving, I use the **** mirrors and put the money into more useful mods for the truck. Works for me.
I agree. No more often that I need the mirrors, having to deal with the factory mirrors would be a large pain in the a$$

Old 03-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Originally Posted by janman55
I agree. No more often that I need the mirrors, having to deal with the factory mirrors would be a large pain in the a$$
I tell you what, you don't realize how mice it is to have those trailer tow mirrors on all the time. No looking over your shoulder to change lanes, no blind spots. I'll take the inconvenience of folding in my drivers-side mirror every now and then rather than craning my neck and having to double-check mirrors all the time. To each their own.

Old 03-29-2011, 03:39 PM
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
I tell you what, you don't realize how mice it is to have those trailer tow mirrors on all the time. No looking over your shoulder to change lanes, no blind spots. I'll take the inconvenience of folding in my drivers-side mirror every now and then rather than craning my neck and having to double-check mirrors all the time. To each their own.
I'd love them if I didn't have to get into my garage!

Old 03-29-2011, 03:42 PM
looks like ill be going with the **** mirrors!

Old 03-29-2011, 08:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
I don't believe the F250 mirrors (which are the only tow mirrors that powerfold) will mount up to the F150. It's not an issue of the mirror controls necessarily, although the switch would probably need to be wired for the power-extending part.

I don't know why Ford cheaped out in the first place and didn't at least make the tow mirrors power-folding since they were a premium option anyhow. Common sense would have said that bigger mirrors would need to be folded in more often.
You are 100% correct, the F250 mirrors will not fit on a F150.

I stand corrected, it does not appear that Ford makes a power fold trailer tow mirror. I thought they did.

The guys that have retrofitted their F250's have had to either buy the new switch plate and switches for the door, or some have added two "on-off-on" rocker switches and some wiring to get the power extend/retract and power fold to function.

I love the trailer tow mirrors that I added to my F150. You can see whats behind you so much better. The only down side is the garage door opening. It won't fit without folding one mirror back. Sort of a bummer, but luckily the F150 lives under a carport and the F250 gets to live in the garage. (the F250 fits through the garage door with about an inch to spare per side.)

Old 03-30-2011, 09:45 AM
I pull into the garage just fine with them extended, but I just have to be aware of the mirror sticking out when I get to the garage door rail. Otherwise, I just fold the driver's side in an it's no wider than the truck with normal-size mirrors on. You have to remember about that passenger-side tow mirror sticking out a bit in between the cars though!

Old 04-01-2011, 08:53 AM
I just installed a set of these on my 07. I'll be towing a 25' TT this summer, should practically see behind it when they're pulled out. Regular driving... much better that the stock ones. Plug and play, and the wiring is there for the heat. At some point I will change the control in the cab so this will work. IMO you won't regret getting them.

Quick Reply: towing mirrors?