2004 - 2008 F-150

your favorite SISO catback exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011 | 01:07 PM
|
i know a guy that can get the maggie system for 525 shipped to me. thats a pretty solid price. im gonna get on youtube and check out the corsa systems when i get off work.

Old 04-17-2011 | 02:26 PM
I'm very happy with my MBRP SI/SO catback. The Magnaflow is just a little to quiet for me. There is a a slight drone at highway speeds but I don't mind it. They have three "grades" of piping. Aluminazed, T409 stainless, and T304 stainless. I got the T409 kit which is lower grade stainless but still as a lifetime warrenty and has the T304 tip. Couldn't go wrong for $375 shipped

Old 04-17-2011 | 05:03 PM
I'm happy with my MBRP. Although on youtube there is a video of an F150 corsa which is totally music to the ears.

FiveSpeed: if you can swing it I'd get the Corsa. You won't be dissapointed.

Old 04-17-2011 | 07:04 PM
|
im gonna have to listen to the corsa system. but ive been debating taking my time and researching and making a true dual system.

Old 04-21-2011 | 01:26 PM
|
narrowed it down to three kits

Magnaflow SI/SO
MBRP SI/SO
MBRP SI/DO

im finding the videos are mixed, especially with the mbrp stuff. all im after is no drone and no cackling, or gargling effect. some of the videos of mbrp stuff do it terribly, and some dont do it at all.

for instance jesserohrs thread when he put his mbrp siso kit on his 08, sounds perfect, first post in this link

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...-photos-3.html

but when on youtube you find ones like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0d8e1wXSp0

notice its popping when it revs down

then the dual kits sound like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36KwIq1WjVU

(which doesn't make the popping noise)

then this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILkOJKgVJfE

which does do it.

from my mustang experience, the popping cackaling sound comes from not having cats. but all of these trucks seem to be newer, so they should have those 2 big cats instead of the smaller ones. maybe there gutting their cats out.

svets does your mbrp sido kit do this? did you leave your cats alone? are yours the side exit?

Old 04-21-2011 | 04:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Surprised nobody has mentioned Borla yet. Corsa and Borla are the 2 highest quality options, and IMO best sounding as well. IF you want duals then the best kit is the Roush Offroad (made by Borla).

Old 04-21-2011 | 04:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Surprised nobody has mentioned Borla yet. Corsa and Borla are the 2 highest quality options, and IMO best sounding as well. IF you want duals then the best kit is the Roush Offroad (made by Borla).
You just had to bring borla up.....
http://www.borla.com

Old 04-21-2011 | 04:43 PM
|
the borla stuff looks okay. there all starting to run together if you ask me. im not finding too many exhaust clips of the borla system

Old 04-21-2011 | 04:46 PM
I went with Banks. No drone and sounds great.

http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/82/50

Old 04-21-2011 | 08:13 PM
Just curious why you want to change to a si-so cat back if you already did a muffler swap?

I bought a 3" si-so cat back after I bought my truck, but if I could do it over I would do a Maggie muffler and y-pipe swap. I'm not certain my 3" system has any advantage over a muffler and y-pipe change, just my $0.02.

Old 04-21-2011 | 08:50 PM
If anyone is interested I have a very slightly used Magnaflow # 16523 SI/DO setup I bought from a friend that I'm not going to use. There might be 500 miles on the system (friend sold truck). Only problem is getting the box and shipping. I would take $375 plus shipping to the lower 48 states if anyone is interested....just PM me or e-mail pwhite12 [at] tds [dot] net

Old 04-21-2011 | 10:12 PM
I will comment on this because its what I am running. I have a 3 SI/SO Magnapack exhaust with 3 inch pipe running to a 4 inch rolled Magnaflow tip. Sounds great! Its definately noticable. Cold start is noticably louder but quickly quites down. I would say there is little to no drone when crusing. A tad I would say if barely on it. Inside noise kinda noticeable when barely on it def not loud inside, when not on it really you can even hear it, when flooring it it sounds awesome!

I would rate it a great daily driver performance sounding exhaust because when cruising inside you cant hardly even hear it in the truck and at low speeds you really dont from inside. But when you want to hear it, such as when getting on it, you do truly hear it outside and in and so does everyone else.

Great muffler and setup! Whats nice about it is when you dont really want or expect the sound you really dont hear it, but when you do want to hear it you do such as getting on it.

Last edited by tman07f150; 04-21-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-21-2011 | 11:58 PM
|
Originally Posted by 2Tall
Just curious why you want to change to a si-so cat back if you already did a muffler swap?

I bought a 3" si-so cat back after I bought my truck, but if I could do it over I would do a Maggie muffler and y-pipe swap. I'm not certain my 3" system has any advantage over a muffler and y-pipe change, just my $0.02.
well i was wondering this. i want more noise, my universal maggie welded in isnt that loud.

Originally Posted by tman07f150
I will comment on this because its what I am running. I have a 3 SI/SO Magnapack exhaust with 3 inch pipe running to a 4 inch rolled Magnaflow tip. Sounds great! Its definately noticable. Cold start is noticably louder but quickly quites down. I would say there is little to no drone when crusing. A tad I would say if barely on it. Inside noise kinda noticeable when barely on it def not loud inside, when not on it really you can even hear it, when flooring it it sounds awesome!

I would rate it a great daily driver performance sounding exhaust because when cruising inside you cant hardly even hear it in the truck and at low speeds you really dont from inside. But when you want to hear it, such as when getting on it, you do truly hear it outside and in and so does everyone else.

Great muffler and setup! Whats nice about it is when you dont really want or expect the sound you really dont hear it, but when you do want to hear it you do such as getting on it.
good information. keep it coming guys.

anyone with that mbrp dual side exit kit confirm or deny the cackling?

Old 04-23-2011 | 03:40 PM
Fivespeed: My MBRP never cackled. It drones a little on the highway though, very deep when accelerating. As the system breaks in it gets alot more smoother sounding.

Old 04-23-2011 | 04:37 PM
|
thanks for your help buddy

Quick Reply: your favorite SISO catback exhaust system