2004 - 2008 F-150

PTM Handles, Mirror caps. DONE! pics.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
trucks looking really good, i hope you don't trade for a while to come, shes a beast!

if the dealer did that i am willing to give em a shot, Dealer outha have better quality and work then a regular small paint shop tho?

Old 04-20-2011, 09:10 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks great.. look fw to seeing the bumpers

Old 04-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by fine_style150
trucks looking really good, i hope you don't trade for a while to come, shes a beast!

if the dealer did that i am willing to give em a shot, Dealer outha have better quality and work then a regular small paint shop tho?
A body shop is a body shop. I work at an indepedent shop and all of the work we put out has a lifetime warranty. A lot of the older guys I work with have been in it a long time and have worked in all styles of shops, and most say the dealerships aren't very good as far as quality. I've never worked out of a dealership, so I dont know. Sure there are butcher shops out there, but not all shops are run that way. We have high quality control, but if the customer has any issues, we fix them for no charge.

I just don't like reading about the dealer having better paint etc.... All descent shops pretty much use the same thing, not many ways around using good stuff since most insurance companies want lifetime warranties these days.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lowblueranger
A body shop is a body shop. I work at an indepedent shop and all of the work we put out has a lifetime warranty. A lot of the older guys I work with have been in it a long time and have worked in all styles of shops, and most say the dealerships aren't very good as far as quality. I've never worked out of a dealership, so I dont know. Sure there are butcher shops out there, but not all shops are run that way. We have high quality control, but if the customer has any issues, we fix them for no charge.

I just don't like reading about the dealer having better paint etc.... All descent shops pretty much use the same thing, not many ways around using good stuff since most insurance companies want lifetime warranties these days.
cool! any tips towards knowing which shops to stay away from? i need to get my bumper painted along with some accesories suchas handles and what not, and i am skeptic of where i am going,

Old 04-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
I don't think it should be necessary, would surely hope not. Both bumpers are flat on top with each other.
Based on what tasca lists, 2004 and 2005 trucks have completely different bumper assemblies.

the upper part, the bumper itself, and the valance are different between 04-05 and 06-08

I would consult a parts manager at dealership to verify

Old 04-21-2011, 10:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did your truck come with the keyless entry option? Mine didn't, but when the salesman handed me the keys, he said, "here's your keyless code". I told him the truck didnt have it, he looked confused. lol

I just didnt worry about it, but it would be nice if I could easily add it on if I decide to. Like if the wires were there?
No my truck did not have Keyless Entry, I went through a journey of a time to get it activated. Your truck has it program activated already, if you swapped to the handle you will have it functioning. Yes if you ave a remote on your key chain you have the wiring in the door and harness in there, part of the keyless entry.

Originally Posted by fivespeedsteed
i think my truck would look sweet with ptm stuff on it. i might have to keep an eye out for handles.
Yes it would & yes you really should!

Originally Posted by fivespeedsteed
thanks for spending my money for me you jerk.
who? me?

Originally Posted by fine_style150

I can't trade since i'm dumping more money into it . I decided I best hold off until this economy ( if ever ) eases up and I can take the financial risk. I have had my truck paid off for 2yrs, its nice.

I can agree with you on that. When I meant Ford quality I meant the same orange peel with a good clear coating. I kind of as worried about the handles looking much better than the body paint. Plus my connection with the shop manager helps in cost too.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm almost positive there's a write up on here but I can't find it. How do you take the handles off? From what I understand it's not the most pleasant thing to do.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by 06bluemeaniexl
Based on what tasca lists, 2004 and 2005 trucks have completely different bumper assemblies.

the upper part, the bumper itself, and the valance are different between 04-05 and 06-08

I would consult a parts manager at dealership to verify
Hmmm..... interesting... In that case...

Old 04-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Hmmm..... interesting... In that case...

awesome graphic.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:30 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I think the new breed did it... I think he said there was a gap, but i could be wrong

Old 04-21-2011, 10:35 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Old 04-21-2011, 10:39 PM
No my truck did not have Keyless Entry, I went through a journey of a time to get it activated. Your truck has it program activated already, if you swapped to the handle you will have it functioning. Yes if you ave a remote on your key chain you have the wiring in the door and harness in there, part of the keyless entry.

So if I get the handle and switches, its gonna be plug n play? I just have to find the code again if I decide to go that route.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by MTM Ford
I'm almost positive there's a write up on here but I can't find it. How do you take the handles off? From what I understand it's not the most pleasant thing to do.
I can do it in 1min 40 sec per door panel, its simple when you know the 3 sockets you need and what to disconnect ( and more importantly where to pop plastic off without nicking ).

There is a thread somewhere.

Old 04-21-2011, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Read this Darren... dug it up for ya

https://www.f150online.com/forums/pa...uare-fogs.html
Thanks John.

So if I get the handle and switches, its gonna be plug n play? I just have to find the code again if I decide to go that route.
Yes. The wiring is all there. Just us 2004 & early model 2005 guys had de-activated Keyless handles, a trip to the dealer & a half hr labor cost fixes it. 2005+ are all activated so its live right when you plug it in. You only need to buy a door handle with the button pad already on.

Old 04-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll start my search for handles then. Been wanting to do it for a while but its one of those things that can be put off time after time....lol

Quick Reply: PTM Handles, Mirror caps. DONE! pics.