2004 - 2008 F-150

break in

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 08:30 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Meatwagon
I see where you guys are coming from, but as 4.6 said - if they wanna get in, they will. Take a hammer to the window and pop the lock from the inside.

Take precautions by parking under street lights or concealing all your valuables - and don't "advertise" anything.

Don't forget, you have insurance.
X2

Also called "target hardening". Don't leave anything in plain sight. Even a fancy head unit could advertise "jackpot" to scum.

Old 05-05-2011, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4.6 Punisher
X2

Also called "target hardening". Don't leave anything in plain sight. Even a fancy head unit could advertise "jackpot" to scum.

I agree with both of you. Yes, if they want to get in they will get in. But you never know, maybe if the thief can't pop the lock then he will leave it alone. I still think that its a good investment. (Not saying that you said it wasn't)

Old 05-08-2011, 09:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And get a good security system with a prox sensor. I had that installed after my truck was broken into (stupid me should have just bite the bullet and done that sooner). If a thief walks up to your truck to check it out and it starts chirping at them already, they'll likely move on to an easier target.

Quick Reply: break in